Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Development still in progress?

Are the developers behind this box (or the 3900) still actively working on it? I have both and the PVR functionality does not work reliably and there haven't been any updates since February.

i'm sure there working on updates but whats wrong with 3900 i have np recording well i did one time it rebooted it shelf but have 4 movies on it now and play back and fast forward work great whats problem do you have they would like to know they read this stuff cant help you on 3000 never used it for that
    Last edited by Marley; 05-08-2019 at 03:52 PM.

It doesnt always record. Youll schedule something record, go to watch it and its not there. Apparently it doesn't handle the dropping of a stream well, maybe the stream is unavailable when it has to start recording, or maybe the stream is cutting in and out during recording. in short, it isn't resilient enough to record despite the conditions. The TV app needs the ability to stay running in the background, so, if you have accidentally closed the TV app, it can fire it up to start a scheduled recording.

Its lacking the ability to set a recurring schedule, such as Monday to Friday at this time, or on a particular day, etc. You can only set a schedule on a date within 7 days of the current date, and you have to keep doing this every time for a recurring show.

It doesnt have the ability to instant replay / catch up a live stream. Sometimes you just want to see something again quickly, and you want to press a button to go back 15 seconds. Also, some times you just want to skip ahead a few seconds. Essentially, it should maintain a buffer all the time, regardless of whether or not you have set a stream to record so it can have this capability.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    It doesnt always record. Youll schedule something record, go to watch it and its not there. Apparently it doesn't handle the dropping of a stream well, maybe the stream is unavailable when it has to start recording, or maybe the stream is cutting in and out during recording. in short, it isn't resilient enough to record despite the conditions. The TV app needs the ability to stay running in the background, so, if you have accidentally closed the TV app, it can fire it up to start a scheduled recording.

Its lacking the ability to set a recurring schedule, such as Monday to Friday at this time, or on a particular day, etc. You can only set a schedule on a date within 7 days of the current date, and you have to keep doing this every time for a recurring show.

It doesnt have the ability to instant replay / catch up a live stream. Sometimes you just want to see something again quickly, and you want to press a button to go back 15 seconds. Also, some times you just want to skip ahead a few seconds. Essentially, it should maintain a buffer all the time, regardless of whether or not you have set a stream to record so it can have this capability.
    the service you use needs catchup

I'm suggesting that Buzz could consider adding this functionality in order to make it work with providers who don't provide catchup.
    I've emailed buzz about this before and they suggested they were working on adding this feature, however that was many months ago, hence my question if development was ongoing.

Banned
    I'm suggesting that Buzz could consider adding this functionality in order to make it work with providers who don't provide catchup.
    I've emailed buzz about this before and they suggested they were working on adding this feature, however that was many months ago, hence my question if development was ongoing.
    I haven't seen it mentioned for next release

TV Addicted
    I've been told Buzz is still working on updates for their boxes. I posted a little while back about some issues and NBS (the guy who seems to be the Buzz liaison) said they are working on those issues except the record. He said they would have to look into it. That's the last I heard about it.

There is a definite recording issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When the recording fails, there is a file on the SD card but it just won't play saying "unknown stream format". Catch up may be a good feature offered by the serer, but the Buzz box needs to be able to reliably record a program. I use IPTV66 and I couldn't tell you if they offer catch up or not, and if they do I sure don't know how to use it. I want my recording capability.

Banned
    I have no issues recording on the fly or scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    I have no issues recording on the fly or scheduled
    Apparently you've been fortunate :-) For me, it has almost never worked properly.

Is there an approx release date for the next update? I still and a number of friends still have a problem since the Feb update with Favorites not working in VOD.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast