Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Thumbs up New QB in Town...

"The Miami Dolphins are signing a new quarterback.

Two days after trading quarterback Ryan Tannehill to the Tennessee Titans, the Dolphins have agreed to terms with ex-Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced.

Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins agreed to terms on a two-year deal worth $11 million with incentives that could pad that number to between $17-20 million, per ESPN. The 36-year-old has played for two other AFC East teams, the Buffalo Bills and New York Jets, among his eight prior stops. Fitzpatrick has started 126 game since the then-St. Louis Rams drafted him in the seventh round of the 2005 draft.

He has completed 2,575 passes for 29,357 yards and 190 touchdowns to 147 interceptions in his career."...!

More Here :
    Code:
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2019/03/17/ryan-fitzpatrick-agrees-to-deal-with-dolphins/3195210002/
    Oh Well, There is always Next Year...!

"The Dolphins intentionally downgraded at QB the last couple of days. The team effectively traded away a better quarterback, added a worse quarterback, and added fourth-round pick in 2020.

Now, convince me this isn’t all about 2020.

Fitzpatrick is a career backup who fell into some starting assignments with terrible teams in the past. The Buffalo Bills, in the midst of a 17-season playoff drought, made Fitzpatrick their starter for four of those lean years.

Those Bills were so dumb they even gave Fitzpatrick a big contract. And he rewarded them with a 20-33 record. And, I’ll remind you, Buffalo was actually trying to win.

Fitzpatrick’s lifetime record as a starting quarterback?

A wholly atrocious 50-75-1 for a .402 winning percentage.

Perfect!

And, yes, Fitzpatrick has been a wild card at times. He’s consistently inconsistent and part of that means he plays well at times. But, just as useful for 2019, he’s horrible other times.

We’re talking about a player who threw six touchdown passes without an interception in a November 2014 game. And threw six interceptions without a touchdown in a September 2016 game.

No team, until now, has ever brought Fitzpatrick onto its roster to be its unquestioned starting quarterback.

He was drafted in the seventh round by the St. Louis Rams in 2005. He was traded for a seventh-rounder to Cincinnati in 2007. He joined the Bills in 2009 to be Trent Edwards’s backup.

After he was released in 2013, the Tennessee Titans signed him to be Jake Locker’s backup and he was gone after one season.

Houston signed him in 2014 and asked him to compete with Ryan Mallett. He won that competition to start the season, then lost the job by November and was on the market again in the spring of 2015.

The New York Jets signed him in March of 2015 as Geno Smith’s backup. Then Smith got punched by a teammate in training camp and Fitzpatrick was thrust into the starting role. He turned in a career year, throwing 31 touchdown and 15 interceptions.

And, in the current Dolphins bizarre world, that good year is a concern for some fans.

Because what if this guy puts together another career year? What if he strings together three good games and the Dolphins win them all?

Look, that’s part of the gamble of having plausible deniability about the whole tanking process.

The Dolphins don’t really care about your concerns right now but they do want the players in the locker room to think they have a chance. They want to point to Fitzpatrick and remind his teammates of his amazing 2015 work."...!

Read more here:
    Code:
    https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article228058894.html#storylink=cpy

Watered Down
    What a joke, enough said.

Dolphins are tryin to tank to get a chance to draft Tua next year, lol, piling up the draft picks to let loose, 2020 qb draft will be best in recent memory, Fromm, Tua, Herbert, Eason, Costello, Franks, Patterson, Stanley

Lol, "enough said"...?!? Guess where SB LIV will be...?!?

Watered Down
    Well aware, given, I set right up the road, lol,

Watered Down
    *Double post*

Quote Originally Posted by stilled View Post
    Well aware, given, I set right up the road, lol,
    You gonna Buy some Tickets for the Phins to watch it...?!? That's the Only Way They will be in the Stadium and that, That's a Dang Shame...! I can't Believe that the Front Office wouldn't want to Play in a Superbowl on Their Home Turf...!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    You gonna Buy some Tickets for the Phins to watch it...?!? That's the Only Way They will be in the Stadium and that, That's a Dang Shame...! I can't Believe that the Front Office wouldn't want to Play in a Superbowl on Their Home Turf...!
    knowing stilled he'll use a drone...lol

Exclamation

Code:
    https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1/22/18192421/dan-marino-miami-dolphins-meet-with-missouri-quarterback-drew-lock-senior-bowl-nfl-draft-2019
    "Dan Marino, Dolphins meet with Missouri QB Drew Lock
    149 comments
    By Josh Houtz@houtz Jan 22, 2019, 7:00am EST"

"If there is one thing that we learned from the 2018 season, it’s that the Ryan Tannehill experience in Miami, is over.

During his time with the Dolphins, Tannehill proved to be nothing more than an above-average quarterback, who suffered several injuries over the last three seasons. And yes, maybe, just maybe he will remain on the roster in 2019. But it’s obvious the team must find their quarterback of the future.

And that time is now.

According to Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post, the Miami Dolphins met with Missouri quarterback Drew Lock on Monday afternoon. Most impressive, is that the Dolphins had “10 or 12 people” on hand for the interview with the senior quarterback. One of those “people”? Hall of Fame quarterback and Miami Dolphins’ legend, Dan Marino.

Drew Lock was like each and every one of us and when he thought he recognized the GOAT.
    "‘Who’s that? Oh my god, that’s Dan Marino.’ "

Throughout his collegiate career, Lock threw for 12,193 yards, 99 touchdowns, and 33 interceptions. The “sneaky athletic” quarterback can make plays with his feet, but usually relies on his strong arm. Lock’s footwork needs to improve, but he hopes to show off his NFL skill-set later in the week

Lock has a chance to prove he’s a first-round quarterback this week in Mobile, and that’s exactly what he intends to do."...!

In the List of the 32 Teams, the "Phins" are at 29th Place to Play in the Super Bowl..."LIV" ...!

Code:
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-2019-browns-packers-get-biggest-way-too-early-bumps/137ctwehgg3bh1941a9dny4uuw
    Not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast