Dr.Bob is in the House

Renewal-Canada-Bitcoin-Simplex

Has anyone had success renewing from Canada using the Coingate/Simplex route? I have been trying but so far no joy. There seems to be many steps in the verification process - email then phone and the last one was their request for a short video of me holding the card (middle 8 digits blocked) and reading some kind of statement ("Hello Simplex. In this payment, I am buying bitcoin and I am aware it is a digital currency.
    I have not been instructed to make this payment by any person, company, nor service and I am not speaking with any technical support at the moment.
    My computer is not being remotely controlled and I agree to make this video.") Not sure but seems a bit fishy to me
    Any comments appreciated
    Dr. Bob

Operations Ninja
    Try coinbase

Using Coinbase in Canada.....................

Canadian customers can use a debit card to purchase digital currency. Funds purchased via a debit card will be credited to your account instantly. We do not support bank accounts as payment methods for Canadian customers

Also heard that Scotiabank debit card is the best one to use in canada
    Last edited by floder2; 03-13-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Rocket Recovery Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Bob View Post
    Has anyone had success renewing from Canada using the Coingate/Simplex route? I have been trying but so far no joy. There seems to be many steps in the verification process - email then phone and the last one was their request for a short video of me holding the card (middle 8 digits blocked) and reading some kind of statement ("Hello Simplex. In this payment, I am buying bitcoin and I am aware it is a digital currency.
    I have not been instructed to make this payment by any person, company, nor service and I am not speaking with any technical support at the moment.
    My computer is not being remotely controlled and I agree to make this video.") Not sure but seems a bit fishy to me
    Any comments appreciated
    Dr. Bob
    If your bank gives you the option to send E-Transfers there are some Canadian companies that accept them. I am using one that works like a charm and not that difficult to get checked out. My banks do not allow the use of a debit card.