Junoir Member

color setup problem

I have mag 254 bin working fine . have two tvs hook up with comp. cables3 with y spliter one tv get good color picture and sound red and black.
    second tv gets black white picture and sound .red and black.
    checked connection all good check video feed yellow connection directly with no spliter still black and white to second tv. tryed checking other wires red as video on both ends still black and white.
    is there a setting in mag box to adjust color setup or signal?
    thank you,
    sunsetjw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetjw View Post
    I have mag 254 bin working fine . have two tvs hook up with comp. cables3 with y spliter one tv get good color picture and sound red and black.
    second tv gets black white picture and sound .red and black.
    checked connection all good check video feed yellow connection directly with no spliter still black and white to second tv. tryed checking other wires red as video on both ends still black and white.
    is there a setting in mag box to adjust color setup or signal?
    thank you,
    sunsetjw
    if one tv works fine it's a splitter or cable issue not a mag issue

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    if one tv works fine it's a splitter or cable issue not a mag issue
    that what i thought , so i took spliter out and hookup comp yellow directly and still the same b&w problem.
    changed wires used red to yellow on both end and still getting b& white picture.
    should I change comp wires 3 y, r, b. to hdmi cable?
    thanks

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetjw View Post
    that what i thought , so i took spliter out and hookup comp yellow directly and still the same b&w problem.
    changed wires used red to yellow on both end and still getting b& white picture.
    should I change comp wires 3 y, r, b. to hdmi cable?
    thanks
    couldn't hurt to try
    maybe comp input is toast

Junoir Member
    could mag254 work with wire adpt they give you to first tv.
    and second tv with hdmi ?
    taking out y connecter?

Bullwhale
    bring your mag to the tv thats black and white and use a hdmi cable to see what happens if still the same problem then it's your tv

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I have found with certain TVs the hdmi may work fine with certain devices, but then that deteriorates and a device connected may start loosing audio, or sometimes resolution settings.
    I went thru all this , and had a few devices that did this with this certain TV.. I ended up fixing it with an HDMI Switch box (which has multiple HDMI inputs and one output to the TV.... This fixed the problem but after awhile the problem reappeared, even with running thru the HDMI Switch... I did have a couple of android devices that this did this with, and I have many other android devices that this issue is not seen on that same TV,,, then I also have an xbox and same scenario. That xbox went thru a few stages, lost audio but Switch fixed that. Then thru switch lost video after a few months. Then took out switch and now have audio and video on that TV and xbox, but resolution is messed up and can not be fixed thru remote commands.
    Presently I can connect xbox straight to TV (HDMI) but resolution is messed up. Before this thou, it was the audio messed up and that HDMI Switch fixed that but now nothing fixes it.

Everything including cables, switches and all devices work fine thru other TV... so conclusion is that some TVs are snafu

HDMI carry alot of info (even can power another device thru HDMI) and an inferior TV with inferior HDMI abilities, may not like that so much
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 03-14-2019 at 05:26 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    ok got fix video setting was on pat changed to ntsb color works good.
    thanks

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Shouldn't that bee ...PAL... instead of ...pat...?!?