over heating issue

ive had my z7in the same spot for year nothing really has changed now today it has popped up device is over heating twice so now i just have it unplugged wondering if any one would know what could b causing the issue or if any one has delt with the over heating issue

Rocket Recovery Technician
    If you don't want to get in it, then try setting it up on something to raise higher off the table it is on so more air can get around here. That might help.

Banned
    like a laptop cooler

Ambassador
    Just remove the casing and blow the dust out as that's probably what's causing the heating.

Bullwhale
    if it was me i would smell it to see if it has a burnt smell,then i would open to see if i could see any spots on it that looks burnt. i would also run my hand down the cord while its been on for awhile just to see if its hot.when you open it make sure to blow out any dust,try running with out it being in the case to see if it does it again if it does i would send it back or replace it if it does not happen again i would do what they said in the above posts.....because you said it has not happen in the last year and that you have had it,sitting in the same spot i doubt its a cooling problem unless the cooling vents are plugged with dust...until you do figure it out i would unplug it when not in use if its getting real hot plastic burns just to be on the safe side

i was typing when you posted i hope that solves it

i took a lil of every ones advice let it cool, dusted it, and propped it up and it hasnt had an issue yet , so far so good ..

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Good to Hear, found these :

at DollarTree...! Only 1$ for a pkg of 4.. They are just over 2" long/high, which is also just over 5 cm long/high...!

if it get hot youll start to lost picture and box will reboot alot me i keep my boxes in open they mess with my tv if i dont

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha772 View Post
    ive had my z7in the same spot for year nothing really has changed now today it has popped up device is over heating twice so now i just have it unplugged wondering if any one would know what could b causing the issue or if any one has delt with the over heating issue
    You are probably seeing a message from a seeders' device, not from your STB.
    I have seen this, (and many other weird message screens), from signal source devices like Sat. IRD's etc.

thanks shooty , it did it a cpl times i took every ones advice i honestly think it was dust mayb i used some duster on it so far so good i also have it raised off the surface too and so far so good ; thanks for ur nput i read everything from everybody and i help who ever i can its a learning process for most of us and ive learned alot from when i started lol i was dumb as a box of rocks lmao now im just the box and getting better at things , ive surfed other places and this site is #1 in my book thanks bud ..