Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buzztv - cannot connect

My new BUZZtv box will not connect to my router, and it does not give me a url - so therefore I cannot connect to the Internet provider - (which is SPECTRUM)

The box is HARDWIRED with Cat 6 cable.

I have switched cat 6 cables with the MAG254 and tried to connect. It does not.

I have used the SPECTRUM password that is on their SAGECOM FAST 6250 - (**********) it does not work

I am beginning to suspect that my modem is incompatible with the Buzztv box.

Have spoke to SPECTRUM and to BUZZTV - both of whom state that the Buzztv box should connect.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Banned
    is ethernet turned on?

YES - it shows that its on - with a BLUE CIRCLE top right of screen. OFF is shows a WHITE CIRCLE to the left of when it is turned on.

You said "I have switched cat 6 cables with the MAG254 and tried to connect. It does not." That mean you might have bad ethernet cable.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

It means that I have tried ALL three CAT 6 cables going to devices. I have ensured that they all are connected to Sagecom router and all show that they are correctly seated. One of the Cat 6 cables is connected to my MAG254, one is connected to a "HELLOBOX SATELLITE RECEIVER" and the third is for the BUZZTV. The MAG254 is working as is the Hellobox as I write this. There is no problems with these two units, just with the BUZZTV box.

On the "CONFIGURE ETHERNET DEVICES" I have the following:-

Ethernet Devices - eth0
    DHCP - is selected
    Static - i not selected
    mac address - ac:db:da:55:xx:xx - (Numbers/letters are in the xx spots)
    Netmask - 255.255.255.0
    DNS - 2607:F428:FFFF:FFFF:2
    GATEWAY - 192.168.1.1

The DNS numbers do not appear to be correct, could this be the problem?

I would factory reset box and try again from scratch and see if that helps. please let us know
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

also, if its not a combo modem then just bypass router and directly connect your buzz with modem and see if that works. if it does then if you can reset your router and try again via router.

Not sure if I have modem and a router. I have two SPECTRUM boxes, one is a "SAGECOM FAST 5260" and an "ARRIS", which I understand is for the telephone. The cat 6 cable comes direct from the Sagecom and goes to the Buzztv box. I have always "assumed" that the Sagecom box was a modem/router.

I have factory re-set the Buzztv box. It uploaded six programs.

BUT

EVERYTHING IS AS IT WAS BEFORE I DID THAT.

I still do not get a server url. Where do I find this? Maybe I am looking in the wrong place/s.

ok I don't know what server you are using but try to watch this video and use your server where this person in video enters theirs. then let us know what happens

Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beTIMBJiZlc
    yes arris is your modem and sagemcom is your router.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast