Dr.Bob is in the House

Buzz and other functions ie Skype

Interested to see if anyone has tried to use Skype on the XPL 3k and had success. I have been trying and get error message "check internet connection" and it wont load when I try to sign in. Internet connection fine 'cause VOD and LiveTV working fine. Any comments or help appreciated
    Dr.Bob

sorry never tried it

you could try a different ver of Skype

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I bet you are correct floder

Since about a week or more, Skype has had a notice showing on their desktop version.

c/p from Skype desktop messenger
    Support for this version of Skype for Web is coming to an end.
    A new preview version is available now for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    I bet you are correct floder

Since about a week or more, Skype has had a notice showing on their desktop version.

c/p from Skype desktop messenger
    Support for this version of Skype for Web is coming to an end.
    A new preview version is available now for Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
    Crazed, I just opened Skype on my PC and it had a update but I see nothing about it coming to an end. I'm using Chrome so that must be why.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
    Crazed, I just opened Skype on my PC and it had a update but I see nothing about it coming to an end. I'm using Chrome so that must be why.
    yea, on firefox prolly why I see it
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Dr.Bob is in the House
    Thanks Team for info - I too am a firefox user - As one of the holdouts using XP good ol microsoft, which is no longer supporting skype on XP, it has gradually "eliminating" functions. The other day, while skype working for IM's, they somehow disabled my headset (which I use with my sub to make skype to landline calls). Kind of a chicken poop move by Mr. Skype/Microsoft. Tried it on a Win 7 puter and signed into my account and it worked just fine.
    So back to the Buzz and Skype. From what I understand, you are saying that I have to install Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge on the Buzz (apps) and access skype that way? - Again, has anyone done it and had success?