Junoir Member

Moving NFPS from a MAG Box to Dreamlink T2

Good morning,

this is a relatively simple question but I have not been able to find an answer specific to this and would rather have the answer than experiment to get the answer.

I have an MAG 254 with an NFPS sub hard coded to the MAG's MAC address. I would like to move this to a new STB Dreamlink Box using STB EMU. Since I am able to edit the MAC address on the STB EMU app to be the very same as my MAG 254, can I simply remove my Portal from my MAG 254 and then apply it to the STB EMU on the Dreamlink Box without risking losing my subscription? It will simply be used on a different device but will have the same MAC address.

PS in case someone suggests that I simply change my MAC address in the Papiao CODE checker, I have another reason for keep the STB EMU mac the same as my Mag 254 based on another entirely different subscription from another provider.

Thanks for considering the question.

S

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by scoochie View Post
    Good morning,

this is a relatively simple question but I have not been able to find an answer specific to this and would rather have the answer than experiment to get the answer.

I have an MAG 254 with an NFPS sub hard coded to the MAG's MAC address. I would like to move this to a new STB Dreamlink Box using STB EMU. Since I am able to edit the MAC address on the STB EMU app to be the very same as my MAG 254, can I simply remove my Portal from my MAG 254 and then apply it to the STB EMU on the Dreamlink Box without risking losing my subscription? It will simply be used on a different device but will have the same MAC address.

PS in case someone suggests that I simply change my MAC address in the Papiao CODE checker, I have another reason for keep the STB EMU mac the same as my Mag 254 based on another entirely different subscription from another provider.

Thanks for considering the question.

S
    You would most likely still have to do a iptv reset.The box device id's won't match.