Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't change channels

Sorry for double posting as I intially posted this in the xpl3000 section and didn't realize until after.

Customer has a buzz panda on Android 6 buzz tv 2 version 211. His issue is that in live TV changing channels doesn't work. He can press ok to bring up the channel list. He can highlight a different channel. But when he presses ok it stays on the current channel. Channel up or down doesn't work. Pressing channel numbers doesn't work.

Through the server settings I got him to enter the portal url in server 2 instead of server 1. That fixed it initially but after 1 hour the problem came back.

Tried deleting the buzz app to reinstall but wasn't able to delete it through the market or settings for some reason. Was able to clear cache and data. Re-entered portal url info. Problem was fixed but after 30 minutes the issue returned.

Haven't done a factory reset yet but thinking of doing that next. Before we do that I was seeing if there was anything else I could try out of anyone has seen this issue before. Thanks.

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggy View Post
    Sorry for double posting as I intially posted this in the xpl3000 section and didn't realize until after.

Customer has a buzz panda on Android 6 buzz tv 2 version 211. His issue is that in live TV changing channels doesn't work. He can press ok to bring up the channel list. He can highlight a different channel. But when he presses ok it stays on the current channel. Channel up or down doesn't work. Pressing channel numbers doesn't work.

Through the server settings I got him to enter the portal url in server 2 instead of server 1. That fixed it initially but after 1 hour the problem came back.

Tried deleting the buzz app to reinstall but wasn't able to delete it through the market or settings for some reason. Was able to clear cache and data. Re-entered portal url info. Problem was fixed but after 30 minutes the issue returned.

Haven't done a factory reset yet but thinking of doing that next. Before we do that I was seeing if there was anything else I could try out of anyone has seen this issue before. Thanks.
    Wired or wireless? If wireless try wired.If that don't help then i would do a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeit1 View Post
    Wired or wireless? If wireless try wired.If that don't help then i would do a factory reset.
    Factory reset didn't work. Trying a new server now to see if that helps but I doubt it.

check for updates and clear all

friend of mine actually having same issue on his panda box as well. I will see and post the result as soon I get it from him. btw I told him all trix but he says no luck. will see.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

see that sound like you need to do a reset then check if any updates then do url for server

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    When the channel list is loading or updating, then no other functions will work (except the Exit/Back function).
    Usually there will be an on-screen indication that a channel list is loading or updating.
    I only mention this because recently it happened (w/xpl3000) that the channel list was loading and it seemed to be stuck there on loading and nothing else would work (there was an on-screen prompt showing the loading icon). The exit button did work thou and that stopped the loading process (which seemed to be stuck anyway) and regular functions then worked.

Maybe check if you can schedule Channel List updating, and stop that and then check results.
    It may be a possibility that something is loading or trying to load and therefore is stopping other functions to work.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

sorry for late response as i was testing and was trying to figure out what was going on. i tried everything but some reasons it works after factory reset but then few hours later it just hangs up only when you watch live tv. he stated this started after last update not long ago. without iptv server everything works fine. i guess time to move on for friend to new box
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    sorry for late response as i was testing and was trying to figure out what was going on. i tried everything but some reasons it works after factory reset but then few hours later it just hangs up only when you watch live tv. he stated this started after last update not long ago. without iptv server everything works fine. i guess time to move on for friend to new box
    there is another update coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    there is another update coming soon
    Thats perfect. Will ask him to try after that update. Any ETA if possible? Thanks NBS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast