Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Fire From Within

2019 NASCAR Pool - Open to all members

Getting ready for the open of the new Season, read this for the rules... Prizes will be announced later, but Daytona may be in play!

Key changes,if approved, 1 more pick, but top three scores will be recorded, and Stages will be scored at 10 bonus points if your favorite wins the stage. If your favorite wins a stage, but is a DNF, you still get the points. My goal is to have the race thread posted by Thursday before the race, but no whining if it isn't up by the day before. To lower my stress level, I'll leave it open to who ever wants to post the starting order, if I don't get to it right away after quals. I'll post the track facts, but they probably will just be from last season, updating only for the last season winner. If you have suggestions on how to make this better, feel free to post... we have time!

The prize... TBD

Here are the rules...

1. Select 4 drivers, and mark one as your favorite for a Win and Stages. Points will be taken from the official results posted on NASCAR.com after the race. Your best 3 scores will be recorded for the race and overall season. Picks must in before the Green Flag drops for the race, see rule 3 for late entry. Selections can be posted as early as you wish. If you want to pre-select due to a vacation, just let us know.
    2. Extra points will be added to the score for a race win or stage win. A race win will get 50 pts, but winning an intermediate stage will get 10 points. So, if your favorite sweeps the stages and race, you will get 70 (or 80 pts for Charlotte 600) additional points. Bonus points will be added, even if your favorite is a DNF.
    3. Late entries will be accepted until mid 1st stage, however not eligible for the diecast for the individual race, no bonus points for the 1st stage, and will have 1/2 points of the second lowest pick of the entry... the top two picks will be scored normally for the following stages.
    4. If you miss your selection or submit after mid way of the 1st stage, you will still get points, but will be 10 points less than the lowest entry submitter, unless you pre-selected and announced it, via pm to me or another moderator.
    5. In case of a tie at the end of the season (or series), the winner will be the one who selected the most winners. If there is a single race and a tie, or if there is a tie for a series/season with the number of winners, we will look at the number of laps led by your 'favorite'.
    6. No season points will be awarded for the All Star race. However it might be the 'single' race for a diecast.

Questions... please feel free to ask, and good luck!

Banned
    Thanx dara for hosting another season

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

dara, Sorry if My Posting of the Starting Line-ups Messed You Up Last Season, I was only trying to Help You out as I know You Mods/Admins have a lot to do and You also have Family...! This Season I will only Post My Picks and Congratz to the Winner(s) in the Weekly Race Thread...!

If You haven't posted the Staring Line-up, by the Day before the Race, I will do it in the More Fuel for the Fire Thread...!

Thanks for doing this again this year, Good Luck to All, Let's have some Fun Again...!

Fire From Within

I said I wouldn't mind. I'm not even going to reserve the second post for that, and there may be times that I don't even bother with it. I'd much rather see talk about the upcoming race in that thread. It's to the advantage of our participants to know who's in the race, but as we know, the only one that barely matters is the pole sitter. Even those who get pushed to the back at the start really aren't at a disadvantage, especially those who fail inspections... if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin' lol.

My hope is that there are more than Truex, Kyle Busch and Harvick combinations, and the fourth pick will bring more of a wild card aspect, but also to bail out someone who so happened to pick a real good driver who crashes on the first lap...which happened last season.

Nascar Pool Diecast Winner
    Thanks Dara!

Thanks! guys

wow its time for Nascar already
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

I’m already riding in the caboose lol

Watered Down
    Well chit, lol, I missed first week being at the 500, lol, will get in for hotlanta,

dishuser, remind me if I forget fokker, lol,

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stilled View Post
    Well chit, lol, I missed first week being at the 500, lol, will get in for hotlanta,

dishuser, remind me if I forget fokker, lol,
    at least you get 61 points
    I actually made picks and didn't do much better...lol

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast