3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Question Kodi Boxes Power...?

When looking at Different STBs I have noticed that they are DC 5V/2A powered...! Quick ?, If that is True, are the Power Cords (US, UK, EU etc) inter-changeable...? Meaning if One wants to Buy a STB and the Ad says US Cord is Out of Stock, can One use a US Cord from a Different STB...?!?

Doesn't the Plug Adapter make the Difference...?!?

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    When looking at Different STBs I have noticed that they are DC 5V/2A powered...! Quick ?, If that is True, are the Power Cords (US, UK, EU etc) inter-changeable...? Meaning if One wants to Buy a STB and the Ad says US Cord is Out of Stock, can One use a US Cord from a Different STB...?!?

Doesn't the Plug Adapter make the Difference...?!?
    Plug adapter is just an adapter and nothing more.
    Enables a UK plug type to work in USA ... and vice versa.

The important part is the Voltage
    DC 5V/2A and there is also DC 12V/2A adapters.
    Most boxes (weather from Eastern or Western hemispheres) are of the 5V type but there are also boxes from either region that use the 12V type.
    Formuler boxes come with a 12V version.
    You must use the correct type of Voltage as per box specs or probably run into trouble.

The Eastern power cord plugs themselves are different then the Western plugs.
    A simple (6 dollar) change over plug will fix that.

Or if for instance you have a box that came from Europe and it came with the European plug type, and was a 5V adapter. You could search thru your tickle trunk and if you have the same 5V adapter but with a Western plug type, then that will work as long as it plugs into the back of the STB as well.

The 12V type are not as widely used.
    But if in need of the 12V type with Western plug type, if you have an old router laying around, check that adapter.
    Most routers will have the12V adapter.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

As Usual crazed 8.4 Comes Thru...!

I Thought it was Possible but, just Needed some Verification...! A Big "THANKS" to crazed 8.4...!

I know that AU means Australia so which one between UK and EU would bee the Better Choice...?!? and Thanks Again...!

Banned
    what is a kodi box?