Junoir Member

MAC already exists

Hi, I set up my MAG254 with rocket and everything went fine but at the time that I’m trying to add the MAC address on donation a message said “Mac already exists”.
    Does anybody knows what can I do or what happened??

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxcalavera View Post
    Hi, I set up my MAG254 with rocket and everything went fine but at the time that I’m trying to add the MAC address on donation a message said “Mac already exists”.
    Does anybody knows what can I do or what happened??
    need to contact a staff member (supermod or admin) thru pm you will have to show proof of your mag addy by taking a picture of back of your box, on the screen of the online info for your box,(connecting ,mag to tv or pc and go to device info. and take a screenshot of picture.,

the reason for the already exists. is either the box is still on someones reseller panel, if that is the case you have to get ahold of your last provider and ask them to remove it. or (in a few cases) someone using stbemu or other mac addy software has generated your mac addy and is using it., this is why you need to show proof of your mac addy for your mag box since it can not be changed you will get soul rights to that mac addy,

hope this helps

elf

Junoir Member
    Thanks elfman137, this is pretty much clear, I got this mag from infomir brand new so I don’t know what happened, let me contact one of the administrators to send pictures like you recommend.

Junoir Member
    I am having the same problem and there is no Mac decal on my brand new box (made in China many brands now do not affix the Mac label to the exterior of the box) - Would a screen shot of the mac address and model suffice ?

Quote Originally Posted by space_114 View Post
    I am having the same problem and there is no Mac decal on my brand new box (made in China many brands now do not affix the Mac label to the exterior of the box) - Would a screen shot of the mac address and model suffice ?
    screen shot of the mac is what is necessary ..not the Box

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    That android bought from China may not have a stalker middleware program/application onboard.
    It is that program that would have the MAC that is needed and it should begin with 00:1a:79:xx:xx:xx

If the box does not have a middleware program that runs IPTV services, then you would need to use some sort of program on that box
    The official app we support would work fine in this case. It does not need the MAC attached.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?4...es-Kokaleka-TV

There are other ways too, like m3u Playlists supplied by the provider and attached to your personal code (username/password).
    This method does not need a MAC either.

But first thing to do is sort out what type of application you can run on that android box.
    Does it have an onboard iptv application and does the MAC for that application begin with 00:1a:79 ?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

get active
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    screen shot of the mac is what is necessary ..not the Box
    You should try and go into your Box > Settings and then look for "About Box" if you click on About Box, the Mac address should be listed there.