Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MAG 254 shuts down suddenly

I have been using a MAG 254 IPTV box for a few years now.
    Lately, I find that it cuts off suddenly, all by itself, as if you turn off the box. Then I will have to put it on again, using the remote.

Another problem when I am going through the channel list of programs, and the small screen to the right comes up, and again press the OK to enlarge the screen, sometimes it goes black for a few seconds, and comes back up.

I tried resetting the box from the Inner Portal, and rebooting etc to see whether that would help solve the issue, but it does not.

How can I solve the issue?

I have been away the last two weeks come home Friday and am having the same problem, 254 goes to black screen and remote doesn't work, i have to hard boot, it comes back up but after a while it does the same thing, thanks for your initial post because i thought the box was bagging out.

If you can PM me, if that is possible at all, I will give you the information that the agents, Infomir, gave me.
    Very long and detailed

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Can You post a Shorter Version if it pertains too the Symptoms that You encounter...?!?

Sorry i didnt follow up on this post, shortly after posting the aforementioned prob stopped occurring, maybe it was a temporary glitch, all seems to be working normal now.

TV Addicted
    I have similar problem!when i turn on tv,than try to turn on mag,the remote won't work.I have to unplug and plug box and than it works.

I finally found the information Infomir sent me when I emailed them about MAG 254 box shutting down suddenly.
    And when it does that, I take the remote and put it back on. It does not behave like that all the time, but what Infomir sent me was all about the Bootloader menu, and how to get there, and what to do.
    The truth is that it looked complicated, it is complicated, and there is a warning about going there if you do not know what you are going. But I am willing to share the information from Infomir if you PM me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by frankglo View Post
    I finally found the information Infomir sent me when I emailed them about MAG 254 box shutting down suddenly.
    And when it does that, I take the remote and put it back on. It does not behave like that all the time, but what Infomir sent me was all about the Bootloader menu, and how to get there, and what to do.
    The truth is that it looked complicated, it is complicated, and there is a warning about going there if you do not know what you are going. But I am willing to share the information from Infomir if you PM me
    is it this?
    Code:
    https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/set-top-box/stb-linux-webkit/mag250-254-270/bootloader-menu

Yes, that's it.

Banned
    see how easy it was to share?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast