TV Addicted

m3u playlist problem

I have a NFPS donation on a Z7+. The other day I noticed that the epg was not populating and Rocket was, on another box. I decided to put a m3u playlist on the Z7. When I loaded the playlist url and kens epg it started to connect to the nfps playlist url. For a fraction of a second it connected and then kicked back to the home screen. After that, when I hit mytv online, the words on top of the loading bar were "connecting to" with nothing after that. Then it kicked it back to the home screen of the z7. I could not get to the portals to check on anything.
    Btw I did go to the website and did blank the mac address and did a reset. I went back to the website and changed back to the mac. I rebooted the z7 and hit the mytv online. I got the same "connecting two" with nothing after that.
    The only way I could get it to work again, was to do a factory reset on the z7 connected to the mac. I did notice that the last update for the tvonline did have a portal issue listed.
    Has this been an issue on the z7? This is the first time I tried to put a playlist on this box. Or is it something I am doing or not doing?
    Thanks,
    hapy

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    first thing with something like this is to to ensure that the Playlist URL is correct.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-21-2020 at 02:32 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    You are right about starting with whether I made a mistake in typing or something like that. I did make a mistake with the T3. I left a space on the front side of the url when I pasted it from Commander. I typed it in on the z7. I will try again. First I will load Total Commander to the z7. It was a little easier with the T3. Total Commander was in the market. Thanks crazed 8.4. I'll report back.
    hapy

Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    You are right about starting with whether I made a mistake in typing or something like that. I did make a mistake with the T3. I left a space on the front side of the url when I pasted it from Commander. I typed it in on the z7. I will try again. First I will load Total Commander to the z7. It was a little easier with the T3. Total Commander was in the market. Thanks crazed 8.4. I'll report back.
    hapy
    I had edited my post earlier and deleted the part about the Commander app, reason why is because I had connected the only box I have with the MOL1 onboard and that is the Openbox_mini
    Same version of MOL1 thou and it has the newest update version.
    But what I noticed is that sure you can use Total Commander to copy the text, but in the m3u slot, it does not allow the paste function
    This MOL1 on this box has only the one slot for m3u

Is this the same for that z7 box ?
    And also when you have that slot open to edit, is there 2 lines for the m3u, (one is a M3U Playlist line and also a M3U VOD List line) ?

Total Commander apk can be side loaded thru your File Browser App, which should be already installed on the Z1
    And when in that File Browser ,you can also navigate to the text files and a message will appear if you want to open with Total Commander. What I am getting at is that you do not need to exit the File Browser after the Commander is install, just navigate to the text file from there.

I think the Commander apk is in that T3 thread and it is also in the buzz4000 thread, if you need it.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 04-21-2020 at 04:55 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    The z7 only has one slot for m3u and also has 2 lines like yours. I could not open the playlist file using File Browser. An error message popped up. But I was able to with Total Commander. And I was able to both copy and paste the playlist and Kens epg on the z7. Btw crazed, I did have a mistake in the playlist the first time I typed it in. But it's working fine now.
    Thanks once again,
    hapy

Quote Originally Posted by hapy View Post
    The z7 only has one slot for m3u and also has 2 lines like yours. I could not open the playlist file using File Browser. An error message popped up. But I was able to with Total Commander. And I was able to both copy and paste the playlist and Kens epg on the z7. Btw crazed, I did have a mistake in the playlist the first time I typed it in. But it's working fine now.
    Thanks once again,
    hapy
    That's good stuff right there.

Thnx for the report hapy
    - Frank Zappa