Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My kodi 17.6 updated to 18 again but this time through the pvr channels are working....I'm not very tech savvy so I don't understand why on the kodi forks I have(SPMC&MyGica)the potato&iptvxtra add-on will load channels and work but not on kodi 18?but I am really glad to get sub working on 18 through pvr!Have a nice&safe day everybody.

TV Addicted
    I just turned my STB on, Kodi 18 came one the screen and said I needed a PVR setup. I clicked on Simple Client, it downloaded and in a few seconds everything was working. I don't really like the new screens when changing channels but oh well.. It works... Update. I don't like it!

TV Addicted
    also seems with this kodi 18 update I am now getting error when trying to watch a movie that no player found

TV Addicted
    What a POS!!! Nothing stops Kodi from installing 18. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to deal with it. I prefer 17.6

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by 1881willy View Post
    If you go to settings then addons and go down to search and type PVR you should find all the PVR Clients and you can install which ever one you want. Cheers
    1881willy....Thank you good friend. Finally did it exactly like you said, and worked like a charm.
    Last edited by andkaal; 03-22-2019 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typed wrong name

TV Addicted
    I have had several people tele me to disable Apotide and some tell me to go to google store and disable auto update. I have done both and had a box yesterday to update to 18.1 within an hour of instillation. I went back today and set it back to 17.6 and then went 40 miles to another persons house to do the same and got a call from the last update and his had updated to 18.1 again after doing everything I have been told to do. I sure hope someone has an effective solution to this. I like to use builds and they take a long time after you do an additional list of apps. Please someone have an answer! I have only had my box do this once, but I try to never turn my box off. It is the same as the others.

Banned
    weird
    I uninstalled kodi 18.1 and installed 17.6
    never did anything and a month later still at 17.6
    also have a buzz 3000 that came with 17.6 and still is

TV Addicted
    Found these instructions in my last search. I had already done this but I went through it again:

How to Turn Off Automatic Updates on Android TV – Stop Kodi From Updating

1. First, launch the Google Play Store from the main menu of your Android TV box.
    2. Click the hamburger menu icon button in the corner of the app store.
    3. Select My Apps and Games
    4. Scroll down until you are hovered onto Kodi and select it
    5. Uncheck auto update

This will stop Kodi from updating automatically in the future.

Found this on KODI tips!

TV Addicted
    Well my friend had his box update to 18.1 again. Since I had gone through what I posted above, I asked him if he had a Google account, found out that he does. Email! and other. I talked him through how to do the above instructions and next week I will visit him again! Let you know

Bullwhale
    why play around if you want 17.6.just install a fork use spmc 17.6a2 and be done with it.. then if you have a build you saved just put it on spmc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast