Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Formuler Z8 - some random functions explained

This is just a start of the many things you can become familiar with when using the Formuler Z8
    More will be added to this post in the upcoming future.

The iptv MAC ID would begin with the 6 digits shown below.
    00:1A:79

Your device will have two MAC IDs
    One is the box's MAC and the other is the IPTV application's MAC (MOL is the application).
    You will notice that the last 6 digits are the same with both MAC IDs
    The MOL's ID is the one that starts with those 6 digits mentioned and is the one to attach to your iptv code.

00:1A:79

MyOnLineTV2 Portal options can be found in the Connections menu.

There are 10 Portals that can be set up with the MAC linked methods.
    With each Portal including entry slots for:
    -Portal Nickname
    -Portal URL
    Also included is option login requirements, select no or leave blank with supported services.
    EPG Mode
    EPG Offset
    Group Channel Numbering
    Connect

There are 10 Playlist Portals.
    -Playlist Nickname
    -Playlist URL (use the folder icon seen at the right, to browse for the m3u copy on your USB stick, or enter the path in the line provided.).
    -Playlist VOD URL (use the folder icon seen at the right, to browse for the m3u copy on your USB stick, or enter the path in the line provided.).
    -Playlist XML TV EPG URL
    Also included in the same Portal setup menu are shortcut icons for EPG Offset and Group Channel Numbering and the Connect function (scroll the screen down to see the Connect tab).

To edit a Portal, you will have to first Disconnect the portal.
    To change to another portal and connect it, you do not have to first disconnect any portal which may already be connected, that connection will automatically cease once you attempt to Connect to another.

FIX EPG Information
    Since the last Official Update there have been some EPG errors when viewing the EPG Channel Grid and Channel info Bar.
    Follow outlined steps to fix this...
    -Open the MOL2 with the side bar menu showing ... (while viewing a channel, use the Menu button to bring up that side-bar menu).
    -Open the Connections.
    -Open the Server being used.
    -Ensure it is Disconnected and then open the Edit function for that server (you can not edit if the server is Connected, so it must first be Disconnected).
    -Scroll down to EPG Mode and set that to UTC
    -Then scroll down in that same menu and use the Connect function.
    That last step saves the UTC setting, so ensure to follow that.

To use a hard copy of an m3u Playlist thru the Playlist Portals, you need to first create a Folder labeled as m3u
    Then any m3u Playlist files you have would go into that folder and the the folder then transferred to USB storage device (USB stick or HHD).
    Open the Z8's Playlist Portal and browse (thru that folder icon seen to the right) or enter the path in the line provided.
    If perhaps you have multiple playlists in that m3u folder, your Z8 will prompt you and ask which one you want Connected.

File Manager is onboard the Z8
    Includes:
    -Store (storage), Which will show the content of any USB storage device connected to the Z8. If the content is your own downloaded media content saved on that storage device, then it will play right from here.
    -NFS (network connections and sharing).
    -UPnP (network connections and sharing).
    -LAN (network connections and sharing).

You can install .apk files thru the 'Store' option. There is also a method to install multiple apks at same time, but I do not recall nor can find the info just now.
    *I found it , thnx Andy
    To batch install apks on the Z8 (and other Formuler devices), create a folder named 'apks' on usb and copy all apks to that folder.
    Insert the USB into the Z8 and then while at the Launcher (home screen), the apk installation wizard will appear automatically.

You can browse and install APPs from the onboard Markets.

You can delete recordings by long-pressing the OK button when the cursor is on a recording item.

To take a screen shot:
    Insert USB storage device. Press and hold the Record button on your remote.
    The screenshot will be saved onto the USB device.

Screencap method:
    Use Teamviewer, or for full resolution captures,
    insert USB into device, press and hold REC on the remote.
    Use SMB to navigate to the USB/screeshots folder

Z8 automatic HDMI resolution recovery method:
    Press and hold the RESOLUTION button on the remote.
    The output resolution will automatically switch to "Optimal resolution"

Check the bit rate by pressing the Info button twice.

Explore the options found on Formuler's main screen.
    For example : To add Short Cut Hotkeys onto your remote (using the 4 color buttons).
    On main Formuler screen, open the Hot Keys icon.
    Select your choices following the onscreen prompts.

Storage & Reset function is found on the main screen in Settings tab.

While the MOL2 is open, the f2 button takes you to VOD sections. There are as well marked VOD and LiveTV buttons on the RCU
    C/P is thnx to a member

Reseller tools are not presently available on the Z8 model (yet).

While viewing a VOD selection, bring up the channel bar menu selections by depressing the OK function on the RCU.
    There will be seen at the bottom , some icon shortcuts and includes an Audio Track icon (at far left).
    If the VOD happens to be have audio in Spanish, this is how you can change to English or vice versa.
    Not all movies will have the selections to change the audio, depending on how the movie was encoded to begin with.

While viewing LiveTV, other then pressing the menu button and then scrolling to the Exit shortcut, you can simply press and hold the Exit button on the RCU to exit the MOL2

While in the Software Update menu, enter 0227 and then the red button for beta upgrades.

To use the Wallpaper option found in the Launcher Settings, your images must be in a folder named as 'wallpapers'

If updates are failing to load check this...
    'internal drive on the z7+ wasn't set as the default. It was my SD card as default, so if u have problems with updating, make sure your internal flash HDD is set as default'

1) On home page of box, hold down the menu button for 3 seconds
    -Apps running in the background will pop up
    -You can scroll to any app and press down to close it out OR press the red hot key button on remote and it will close out all apps running in the background

2) Clear Cached Data on all apps
    -Settings icon on bottom of home page
    -Storage & Reset
    -Internal shared storage
    -Cached data
    -Select ok
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 02-04-2022 at 12:55 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    I was surprised at how I finally get more channels.
    I opened a new port with changes like leaving the channel no's alone.
    My listings now don't carry info, unless I'm in the EPG area where some shows up.
    Still, many channels are not working as they should.
    (I'll have to work with it.)
    Yes, I did read your entire post, and this is where the idea of change occurred.
    Thanks for this info.
    By the way, are all the channels up? I'm more interested in the science like channels.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    This is just a start of the many things you can become familiar with when using the Formuler Z8
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 8.4 View Post
    More will be added to this post in the upcoming future.

mytv2 Portal options can be found in the Connections menu.

There are 10 Portals that can be set up with the MAC linked methods.
    -Portal Nickname
    -Portal URL
    Also included is option login requirements, select no or leave blank with supported services.
    EPG Mode
    EPG Offset
    Group Channel Numbering
    Connect

There are 10 Playlist Portals.
    -Playlist Nickname
    -Playlist URL (use the folder icon seen at the right, to browse for the m3u copy on your USB stick, or enter the path in the line provided.).
    -Playlist VOD URL (use the folder icon seen at the right, to browse for the m3u copy on your USB stick, or enter the path in the line provided.).
    -Playlist XML TV EPG URL
    Also included in the same Portal setup menu are shortcut icons for EPG Offset and Group Channel Numbering and the Connect function (scroll the screen down to see the Connect tab).

To edit a Portal, you will have to first Disconnect the portal.
    To change to another portal and connect it, you do not have to first disconnect any portal which may already be connected, that connection will automatically cease once you attempt to Connect to another.

To use a hard copy of an m3u Playlist thru the Playlist Portals, you need to first create a Folder labeled as m3u
    Then any m3u Playlist files you have would go into that folder and the the folder then transferred to USB storage device (USB stick or HHD).
    Open the Z8's Playlist Portal and browse (thru that folder icon seen to the right) or enter the path in the line provided.
    If perhaps you have multiple playlists in that m3u folder, your Z8 will prompt you and ask which one you want Connected.

File Manager is onboard the Z8
    Includes:
    -Store (storage), Which will show the content of any USB storage device connected to the Z8. If the content is your own downloaded media content saved on that storage device, then it will play right from here.
    -NFS (network connections and sharing).
    -UPnP (network connections and sharing).
    -LAN (network connections and sharing).

You can install .apk files thru the 'Store' option. There is also a method to install multiple apks at same time, but I do not recall nor can find the info just now.
    *I found it , thnx Andy
    To batch install apks on the Z8 (and other Formuler devices), create a folder named 'apks' on usb and copy all apks to that folder.
    Insert the USB into the Z8 and then while at the Launcher (home screen), the apk installation wizard will appear automatically.

You can browse and install APPs from the onboard Markets.

You can delete recordings by long-pressing the OK button when the cursor is on a recording item.

To take a screen shot:
    Insert USB storage device. Press and hold the Record button on your remote.
    The screenshot will be saved onto the USB device.

Screencap method:
    Use Teamviewer, or for full resolution captures,
    insert USB into device, press and hold REC on the remote.
    Use SMB to navigate to the USB/screeshots folder

Z8 automatic HDMI resolution recovery method:
    Press and hold the RESOLUTION button on the remote.
    The output resolution will automatically switch to "Optimal resolution"

Check the bit rate by pressing the Info button twice.

Explore the options found on Formuler's main screen.
    For example : To add Short Cut Hotkeys onto your remote (using the 4 color buttons).
    On main Formuler screen, open the Hot Keys icon.
    Select your choices following the onscreen prompts.

Storage & Reset function is found on the main screen in Settings tab.

While the MOL2 is open, the f2 button takes you to VOD sections. There are as well marked VOD and LiveTV buttons on the RCU
    C/P is thnx to a member

Reseller tools are not presently available on the Z8 model (yet).

While viewing a VOD selection, bring up the channel bar menu selections by depressing the OK function on the RCU.
    There will be seen at the bottom , some icon shortcuts and includes an Audio Track icon (at far left).
    If the VOD happens to be have audio in Spanish, this is how you can change to English or vice versa.
    Not all movies will have the selections to change the audio, depending on how the movie was encoded to begin with.

While in the Update menu,enter 0227 and then the red button for beta upgrades.
    Also when viewing a screenshot, if you hit the ok button it will begin a slideshow of all of your captured shots
    Last edited by Capt.Kangaroo; 05-15-2019 at 11:30 PM.
    I gather darkness to please me...

thats pretty cool captain.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

I am i thinking right if i have ten portals going all will work at same time or is it still one at time why i asked he or she said have more channels now no i see it now got to discount first then use the one you want but still cool what your saying .
    two thing i like know can you run cache threw a hard drive
    next will it take ssd drive and reformat it with box
    thank you
    oh with vods you can do that any lang as long as they have it been doing that for long time now forgot who started that did it with India movies but way cool
    what i been reading this box is bad azz with it software
    oh can i run movies to my phone upstairs why im in potty ? from box or if watching a fight and got go
    Last edited by Marley; 05-26-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    I am i thinking right if i have ten portals going all will work at same time or is it still one at time why i asked he or she said have more channels now no i see it now got to discount first then use the one you want but still cool what your saying .
    two thing i like know can you run cache threw a hard drive
    next will it take ssd drive and reformat it with box
    thank you
    oh with vods you can do that any lang as long as they have it been doing that for long time now forgot who started that did it with India movies but way cool
    what i been reading this box is bad azz with it software
    oh can i run movies to my phone upstairs why im in potty ? from box or if watching a fight and got go
    - only one portal connects at a time, if and when that changes it will come in a firmware update.
    - yes the SSD will work connected thru usb and formated to NFTS
    - path to the connected SSD would prolly be > emulated/storage or vise versa.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa