Junoir Member

multiple dreamlink/formuler box

For those that have 2 or more dreamlink (or dreamlink + formuler) box, I would like to ask a question.
    If I put these boxes side-by-side, does the remote control still control its own box without any conflict?

Thanks.

Junkman

Ambassador
    In my experience with DLs they all seem to control all their boxes which is not so good as an IKS box and an IPTV box both will control each other which is a PITA. I have no experience with Formuler boxes.

Junoir Member
    Thanks Gabacho.

eBay sells dreamlink remote control alone and it claims that it works in dreamlink T2 and formuler.
    I am wondering that the same remote control will control any dreamlink and formuler box and it will create problem when people use multiple units in the same location.

Thoughts??

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Formuler remotes (RCUs) are same as Dreamlink RCUs, yup.
    Older and newer stb models and older and newer RCU models too, all will work with either stb

so yup, problems will arise
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    bar I go to has 5 cable boxes
    so they put a cardboard box over 4 of them...no issues

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    bar I go to has 5 cable boxes
    so they put a cardboard box over 4 of them...no issues
    I tried this kinda thing once or twice, not a complete box but I put a DVD box cover stood up in front of the receiver I did not want to function with remote... well damn I had to use 2 or 3 of them DVD boxes and arrange them just right or signal would get thru... I think I had to use 3
    I shoulda thought of the cardboard box... lmao
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    i used a case for eye glasses ,it covered the front and worked for me.

Bullwhale
    I don't have one of them boxes but could you not just get a key board remote with a dongle and use that on one of the boxes or a blue tooth remote and use that on one if the box has blue tooth.or get two of these remotes so you can use both boxes at the same time in the same room.

Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post
    For those that have 2 or more dreamlink (or dreamlink + formuler) box, I would like to ask a question.
    If I put these boxes side-by-side, does the remote control still control its own box without any conflict?

Thanks.

Junkman
    Use 1 of these;
    Code:
    "https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum-accessories/pp_009111373935.html?wid=1433363"]https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum-accessories/pp_009111373935.html?wid=1433363
    Code:
    https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum-accessories/pp_009468980157.html?wid=1433363"]https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum-accessories/pp_009468980157.html?wid=1433363
    /kens
    Last edited by catz; 01-25-2019 at 04:44 PM.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post

Thanks.

Junkman
    I tried my DL T5 remote on DL T2 Prime and its working... I think their remote are universal for all the boxes.