Thread: Recording Issue

Junoir Member

Recording Issue

Everytime I try recording using the red button, the rec icon appears then disappears from the top right of the screen. I'm using the default Video Player. If I go to the PVR option it shows the recording, but fails to play. Does this even work? Anyone else have it working with the default option? I also tried formatting the sdcard with exfat and ntfs.

Also, if I try the other options from the Video Player menu, then it works. However I noticed a weird issue that is causing my Wi-Fi connections to drop until I cancel the recording. I tried another router and it is the same thing. Anyone experiencing this?

TV Addicted
    Can't answer why your internet connection would drop based on which player you use. I switched players and cannot duplicate that issue.

When I click the red button to record my box records with no issues on the default player. I checked the file and playback was fine. The only thing I might suggest trying is formatting your sdcard to FAT32. exfat is not the same as FAT32. I have tried in the past using NTFS and exfat and although I didn't have the symptoms you are having I just simply could not get a good recording or it wouldn't record at all. I'm assuming you have Windows 10 which will not format in FAT32. You'll need to probably download 3rd party software that will format in FAT32 if you want to try this route. I use GUIFormat. It's a stand alone program that doesn't need to be installed. If you want to try the FAT32 approach and can't find a way to format your sdcard, let me know and I can send you a copy of GUIFormat.

why wont it format to fat 32 in window ? shows it that win 10

Windows 10 will certainly format disks in FAT32 format. The only catch is if the disk is larger than 32GB, it "hides" that option. An easy workaround for disks larger than 32GB is to use a free 3rd party utility called FAT32 Format.
    Code:
    http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-22-2019 at 01:20 AM. Reason: coded link

Junoir Member
    Unfortunately, what you suggested did not work. I tried resetting the box back to factory and it still the same. Recording does not work on Default for me.
    Are you using an SDACARD or USB? Also, are you running the latest Build 211 with Android 7.1.2?

thank you for answer i didnt know that

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos View Post
    Unfortunately, what you suggested did not work. I tried resetting the box back to factory and it still the same. Recording does not work on Default for me.
    Are you using an SDACARD or USB? Also, are you running the latest Build 211 with Android 7.1.2?
    I'm using the default player, I use a 1 TB SD card formatted in fat 32, I have the latest build 211, "but" I have an older Buzz 3000 which still has Android 6.0.1.

You might try using another SD card. In order to record video to it you need a high speed card. Mine is rated at 4K video recording speeds. If you have at least a class 10 you should be good, unless it's a cheap Chinese sd card you get off Ebay. Those things aren't worth the plastic they're made out of. They say they're class 10 but they are not.