Mag and Sharp Aquos?

Was at a buddy's house to show him the Mag 254 and I cant get the box to show up. I know its the tv itself but I dont have an aquos and didnt want to mess up the settings.
    When I plug the hdmi into the port in the back of the tv, it doesnt recognize it. It only shows input 1-7. Any other tv that Ive tried this with, the hdmi # shows up (hdmi1, hdmi2, etc.)
    Does anyone have an aquos tv and got the mag to show up? I assume you have to 'program' the hdmi input to tell the tv that it there....At least what I think.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks

Moderator at Work
    I have a Aquos 46" about 3years old soon as imput is selected with any device connected it appears, could be the video setting could also try switching HDMI cable/Imput to see if it will appear.

OK....When I go there again, Ill try different cable and look in the settings.
    Thanks

I have a Aquos 60" Quattron...go and put ur HDMI cable in the side of the tv..press the input button on your RC you will se the available connections..select the HDMI input from side of tv to same on screen..ur done
    h4e

get active
    My guess is the Mag 254 was set up on your tv and his tv was also set up without the Mag 254 which brings configuration of two entirely separate pieces of hardware that has been pre configured
    with two entirely different links to hardware that is no longer there. Reset the Mag 254 and reset his Tv, then hook up and re-configure both. I have a Sharp tv but it isn't an Aquos but it does have HDMI ports which you can set up to auto scan the ports for devices that are connected to them. You will have to check to see if this is available on the Aquos but if it isn't, I suspect your Mag 254 and his tv will dance well together after both have been reset to factory defaults and reconfigured. A lot of trouble to go to but it will probably provide the fix you're looking for.

I don't think the mag has to be defaulted at all. I think if you use the tv remote to choose the correct HDMI input jack everything will be fine, thks...
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun, one is for shooting the other for fun"...Army marching cadence

Aquos on mag should say not support when booting up and then change itself to work for it not to see the hdmi it should