Register

Thread: VPN and IPTV66

TV Addicted

VPN and IPTV66

So I've been thinking about re-subbing and was going to try IPTV66 because they offer month to month (I want a 3 month sub). However, when I was on their site they boldly note that if there server detects you using a VPN they will cut you off. Granted this is on the IKS tab, but the paragraph continues to talk about IPTV. Who in their right mind does not use a VPN when doing this?? It's ridiculous for them not to allow the use of a VPN. Has anyone using 66 had any issues using a VPN?

I looked at the IPTVPrivateServer site and IPTVRocket site and I am unable find this disclaimer. Are VPN's allowed with them?
    Last edited by PayPerView; 01-05-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Nope. Vpn is not allowed and I do know someone who got banned while using vpn. Don't take a chance. It may sound like hit or misss but highly chance of hit🙂.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

TV Addicted
    That makes no sense. In a questionable industry such as this, we need a line of protection from our ISP's and cable companies that may want to make an example of us who participate in such practices. You always hear "get a VPN for protection" then a service that should be behind a VPN doesn't allow it. Why on Earth would this service not allow a VPN?

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PayPerView View Post
    That makes no sense. In a questionable industry such as this, we need a line of protection from our ISP's and cable companies that may want to make an example of us who participate in such practices. You always hear "get a VPN for protection" then a service that should be behind a VPN doesn't allow it. Why on Earth would this service not allow a VPN?
    esp Now, with "Limited" Pay Options...?!? It seems Strange that with the Mac Addy Not Needed, why cant One use a VPN...! It Works Great with KODI...! Just an Observation...!

Ambassador
    You may think your hidden from your isp but they know exactly what your are doing.They know the difference between normal internet use and streaming.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeit1 View Post
    You may think your hidden from your isp but they know exactly what your are doing.They know the difference between normal internet use and streaming.
    but they don't where you're streaming from

TV Addicted
    Of course my ISP knows I'm streaming. There's no rule against streaming. But when using a VPN they don't know who I'm streaming from. As far as they know I could be watching Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube, etc.. If they knew I was streaming from one of these IPTV services, Kodi, Terrarium, etc. etc., you bet they would shut me down. Might even get a letter in the mail saying I have to pay damages; remember the IKS days? It's stupid not to run a VPN doing what we do. And it's vacuous that this service does not protect it's customers by allowing us to use a VPN.
    Last edited by PayPerView; 01-04-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Ambassador
    Of course my ISP knows I'm streaming. There's no rule against streaming. But when using a VPN they don't know who I'm streaming from. As far as they know I could be watching Netflix, Hulu, or Youtube, etc.. If they knew I was streaming from one of these IPTV services, Kodi, Terrarium, etc. etc., you bet they would shut me down. Might even get a letter in the mail saying I have to pay damages; remember the IKS days? It's stupid not to run a VPN doing what we do. And it's vacuous that this service does not protect it's customers by allowing us to use a VPN.
    If you were streaming legal services then there would be no need to hide

TV Addicted
    If you were streaming legal services then there would be no need to hide
    True statement, but since we all know why we're here including yourself, a VPN is a necessary evil on top of evil.