Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H96 Max Plus

H96 Max Plus vs H96 Max vs other boxes

Found this link for boxes charts of performance
    hxxp://chigztech.com/charts.html

Model H96 Max Plus
    Basic Specs SoC: RK3328 Quad Core Cortex A-53 / GPU Mali-450MP2 / 4x ARM-A53 @ 1.3GHz
    System: Android 8.1 (64bit)
    RAM and storage: 4 GB DDR3 – 32/64 GB eMMC
    Network: Wifi b/g/n 2.4/5GHz – Ethernet 10/100
    Ports: HDMI 2.0a 4K @ 60fps / AV Jack 3.5mm / 2x USB 2.0 / 1x USB 3.0 / microSD
    Extras: Remote Control RF / Manual / Adapter DC 5V 2A / Manual English

Has anyone else compared this box to others. From what I was checking, its fast and appears to be better than Dreamlink and other boxes. I have not compared to BuzzTV xpl3900 yet. I kinda asked a few questions about the H96 in the BuzzTV for comparison and got turned down by crazed and closed the thread...I just want to get feedback from other users, not trying to sell anything.

H96 Max

CPU: RK3399 Six Core 2.0G Dual Cortex-A72+Quad Cortex-A53
    GPU: Mali-T860 GPU Support OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11
    RAM: 4G LPDDR3
    ROM: 32G eMMC 5.1
    Ethernet: 10/100M/1000M LAN
    WIFI Support.802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard AP6255
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    3G(4G): Support for external 3G(4G) DONGLE
    Support USB3.0 + USB2.0 +TYPE-C

I have been using the H96max for the last 8 months or so.
    By far it is the best Android STB I have used, or set up.
    A few things to mention;
    Mine had android 7.1 Installed. The newer plus version is android 8.
    The Architecture is 64bit, compared to most STB's (32bit).
    It is recommended to install 64bit versions of App's if available, as some 32bit Apps may not run properly if they have not been written "well".
    (example: Kodi has a 64bit Android version (-v8a instead of -v7a).

It is the fastest system I have used. Speed is comparable, almost, to my Laptop, for running Kodi, for example.
    Video graphics acceleration is excellent and handles h.264 1080 streams without a hitch.

The remote on mine Sucks. The plus version is different and has Voice control.
    I recommend upgrading the remote, but hard to find codes that work.

This should be the baseline standard for all future Android IPTV use.
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 01-02-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Exactly, same thing I thought. I have no clue who this manufacture is but STbemu was running like a laptop on steroids. Kens one thing, my neighbor was using IPazzport keyboard that has the touchpad and all the buttons were working great. Home button, search, return, etc.

I did notice that the H96 Max+ is the newer version, but according to the performance charts and comparisons on youtube by Chigztech Chart as listed above on the link, the 32GB appears to have faster ram than the 64GB version of the Max+. In addition, the other version of the H96 Max with 6 core cpu with older Android (not the 8.1) is getting higher scores on the benchmark. Either way, the H96 Max+ appears to be a good unit.

Kens, what I wanted to know is do you have a BuzzTV box or Dreamlink? I have a T1 and its super slow on EPG navigating and its getting me frustrated. I do not know if I should choose the BuzzTV XPL3900 (new one) or the Dreamlink T2 Prime. I saw a comparison on youtube and the EPG on the BuzzTV is really good, similar to that of a real satellite box, but the dreamlink features, info, navigating, VOD and rest of the features just appears to surpass the BuzzTV box. You think the DOL2 app is way better on the Dreamlink over the H96 Max/+ and the BuzzTV XPL3900?

H96Max +, BuzzTV XPL3900, or the DL T2 Prime is what I am looking into getting for my next box. Note, I do not use PVR. Just IPTV and Kodi.

Quote Originally Posted by kronic187 View Post
    Found this link for boxes charts of performance
    hxxp://chigztech.com/charts.html

Model H96 Max Plus
    Basic Specs SoC: RK3328 Quad Core Cortex A-53 / GPU Mali-450MP2 / 4x ARM-A53 @ 1.3GHz
    System: Android 8.1 (64bit)
    RAM and storage: 4 GB DDR3 – 32/64 GB eMMC
    Network: Wifi b/g/n 2.4/5GHz – Ethernet 10/100
    Ports: HDMI 2.0a 4K @ 60fps / AV Jack 3.5mm / 2x USB 2.0 / 1x USB 3.0 / microSD
    Extras: Remote Control RF / Manual / Adapter DC 5V 2A / Manual English

Has anyone else compared this box to others. From what I was checking, its fast and appears to be better than Dreamlink and other boxes. I have not compared to BuzzTV xpl3900 yet. I kinda asked a few questions about the H96 in the BuzzTV for comparison and got turned down by crazed and closed the thread...I just want to get feedback from other users, not trying to sell anything.

H96 Max

CPU: RK3399 Six Core 2.0G Dual Cortex-A72+Quad Cortex-A53
    GPU: Mali-T860 GPU Support OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DX11
    RAM: 4G LPDDR3
    ROM: 32G eMMC 5.1
    Ethernet: 10/100M/1000M LAN
    WIFI Support.802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard AP6255
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    3G(4G): Support for external 3G(4G) DONGLE
    Support USB3.0 + USB2.0 +TYPE-C

Quote Originally Posted by kronic187 View Post
    Exactly, same thing I thought. I have no clue who this manufacture is but STbemu was running like a laptop on steroids. Kens one thing, my neighbor was using IPazzport keyboard that has the touchpad and all the buttons were working great. Home button, search, return, etc.

I did notice that the H96 Max+ is the newer version, but according to the performance charts and comparisons on youtube by Chigztech Chart as listed above on the link, the 32GB appears to have faster ram than the 64GB version of the Max+. In addition, the other version of the H96 Max with 6 core cpu with older Android (not the 8.1) is getting higher scores on the benchmark. Either way, the H96 Max+ appears to be a good unit.

Kens, what I wanted to know is do you have a BuzzTV box or Dreamlink? I have a T1 and its super slow on EPG navigating and its getting me frustrated. I do not know if I should choose the BuzzTV XPL3900 (new one) or the Dreamlink T2 Prime. I saw a comparison on youtube and the EPG on the BuzzTV is really good, similar to that of a real satellite box, but the dreamlink features, info, navigating, VOD and rest of the features just appears to surpass the BuzzTV box. You think the DOL2 app is way better on the Dreamlink over the H96 Max/+ and the BuzzTV XPL3900?

H96Max +, BuzzTV XPL3900, or the DL T2 Prime is what I am looking into getting for my next box. Note, I do not use PVR. Just IPTV and Kodi.
    may be you want to add Formuler z7+ newest model in your list.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

If you use Kodi a lot, go with h96
    Perfect Player now uses Xtream Code login method, which gives you almost everything that TVOnline /DOL etc. gives you. (use h96)

If you absolutely just want IPTV services, and are satisfied with SD channels (Formular or Buzz (w/updated firmware))
    DL's seem to have alot of hardware failures (from user posts)

I would always take the h96 just for the cpu/memory resources in the unit.
    How can you compare a 4Gig, 6 processor, 64bit unit, to a 1Gig 32bit STB!

/kens

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    may be you want to add Formuler z7+ newest model in your list.
    I've read that the T2 Prime from dreamlink is the same as the Formuler version and has 2GB model. The only difference is that MOL vs DOL similarities and updates are first brought out to formuler instead of the T2 Prime? Is this true?

Kens,

What is the Xtream Code login and how does perfect player compare to STBEmu? Is it more reliable? Can you post a pic of the EPG main screen as my neighbors H96 Max he said he does not know how or if he has EPG on his Stbemu. Looks like the replacement touchpad can't bring it up, he just goes by the list of times when he selects a channel.

Thanks,

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    This is turning into a very Informative Thread... So "Thanks" for leaving it here...!

TV Addicted
    excellent information thank you very much

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    This is turning into a very Informative Thread... So "Thanks" for leaving it here...!
    we didn't leave it here, per say.
    kronic had reposted this in correct place on the boards is what happened. The 'other' was deleted.

Thnx kronic
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    How can you compare a 4Gig, 6 processor, 64bit unit, to a 1Gig 32bit STB!
    /kens
    Well one box has Android 7.1 Nougat and the other has Android 8.1. The 1GB 32bit box you are referring to is which box? dreamlink, T2, buzztv? Of course the processing speed is not the same.

There are these models listed below and many more Stick version, and many versions of those boxes so you have to be up to date on whats listed online. Try to get from a reputable seller (USA or EU) as I would try not to get from China lol. Look out also for bluetooth enable and 5Ghz internal wifi versions.

Question for CRAZED as I just noticed this and kinda upset these China boxes and possibly BuzzTV and dreamlink, and Formuler also, if you can elaborate or explain. According to the tester Chigz chart, some of these boxes listed below are 480P for netflix and youtube app. I know that they can run full 4k videos off storage/usb, now my question is are we really getting full 1080p or 1080i from the IPTV streams such as rocket and not 480p??? Are these channels 480P upscaled to 1080i/1080p???

That is a bummer that only the Nvidia Shield can run 4k netflix, and H96 Max + in "HD". Obviously, the Smart TV has Netflix 4k app

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H96 Max v7 = Chip: RK3399, Storage: 32GB, 4GB Ram, 6 Cores, Android 7.1, has HDMI 2.0 and Bluetooth 4.0(Fastest of them all per Chigz tech tests)
    X99 v7 = Chip: RK3399, Storage: 32GB, 4GB Ram, 6 Cores, Android 7.1, has HDMI 2.0a and Bluetooth 4.1 (Right behind the H96 Max v7 in tests)

H96 Max + = Chip: RK3328 , Storage: 32GB/ 64GB, 4GB RAM, Quad Core, Android 8.1, (32GB version is faster than 64GB, appears to be either smaller flash is faster or DDR ram has different clock speeds. 64GB version i think includes 5Ghz wifi and bluetooth. 32GB only 2.4Ghz

H96 Max H2 v1 = Chip: RK3328, Storage: 32GB, 4Gb RAM, Quad Core, Android 7.1

H96 Max H2 v2 = Chip: RK3328, Storage: 64GB, 4Gb RAM, Quad Core, Android 7.1

H96 Pro + = Chip: S912, Storage: 16GB/32GB, 3GBRAM , Octa Core, Android 7.1

H96 Mini+ = Chip: S905, Storage: 16GB, 2GB RAM, Quad Core @ 2ghz, GPU is Penta core Mai450 @ 750Mhz, Android 7.1

Thanks,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast