Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Weird issues after BuzzTV2 app Update v2.0 (211)

31 DEC 2018

Edit Note: I resolved the loss of channel issues I originally opened this thread about earlier, as detailed below, and I attempted to edit the Title of my post to reflect the remaining issues, namely the issues that appeared after the BuzzTV2 app update that adversely affect the ARQ-100 remote , which are explained below.

I purchased the BuzzTV ARQ-100 Wireless Air Mouse Remote for my xpl 3000, and except for a few keys that aren't mapped correctly to their printed labels on that new remote, I really like the ARQ-100 (i.e, the "Guide" button on the ARQ-100 brings up the what the "Info" button does on the standard xpl 3000 Remote, not the Guide data, for that you have to press the little gear/sprocket button on the lower left corner of the ARQ-100, something I assume will get fixed in the future).

However, after the latest BuzzTV2 app update Version 2.0 (211), other buttons like the Back-Out button no longer respond (the little button that looks like a sideways U-turn with an arrow pointing to the left on it), and the Home button no longer works with the new BuzzTV2 update on the ARQ-100 remote.

The Back-Out button on the standard BuzzTVxpl 3000 remote still functions properly with the latest update, as does the Home button on the original remote, so I guess I'll have to use both remotes until whatever in the new BuzzTV2 app that's messed up the ARQ-100's key-mappings gets resolved.

What fixed my missing channels issue earlier tonite after the update was uninstalling the update, then re-entering the server info, then accepting the new update again, and after it downloaded and installed for the 2nd time tonite, all the formerly missing channels reappeared.

So for now... I guess I'm gonna have to use the standard remote to back out of menus or areas on the xpl 3000 I no longer wish to be in, and to press the Home button, and use the ARQ-100 remote for everything else since it works so much better for everything else.

Hopefully tjhe BuzzTV support peeps will come up with fixes for those issues as well in the near future.

All in all, I'm happy with the end result tonite, now that I have the complete channel list back!

Go Team BuzzTV!!

Banned
    have air remote and buttons work like they did before
    epg is button above red
    back button is still that
    rocket is still recall

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    one thing about that Velocity channel and may not mean anything towards other channels, but....
    Velocity has been undergoing changes at the uplink level, even it was seen listed as a name change at one point.
    This started awhile ago and last uplink report on that was maybe a couple weeks ago.
    I would not use that channel in any troubleshooting aspect, cause if they can't figure it out then neither can an IPTV service
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    have air remote and buttons work like they did before
    epg is button above red
    back button is still that
    rocket is still recall
    Hey dishuser,

Interesting...That's how mine used to work before the update...now it's ignoring the Back and the Home buttons, and with fresh batteries (changed 'em toniye just to rule that out).

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    ....Velocity has been undergoing changes at the uplink level, even it was seen listed as a name change at one point.
    This started awhile ago and last uplink report on that was maybe a couple weeks ago.
    I would not use that channel in any troubleshooting aspect, cause if they can't figure it out then neither can an IPTV service
    Hi crazed 7.2,

Thanks for the input. I didn't know about the uplink issue afoot with that particular channel. Good to know!

I haven't been using it for any troubleshooting purposes, unless trying to watch it constitutes a form of troubleshooting! LoL
    And yeah, agreed, if the uplink peeps can't figure it out, than it's gonna be a sucky situation for us and everyone else. Waaah!!

Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    Hey dishuser,

Interesting...That's how mine used to work before the update...now it's ignoring the Back and the Home buttons, and with fresh batteries (changed 'em toniye just to rule that out).
    them functions still work with this ARQ
    There are some functions that are different as compared to original remote, in the way to get to certain paths, but as far as the buzz update (most recent xpl3000) and the ARQ functions, nothing has changed from what I seen
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-01-2019 at 06:09 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

@Crazed 7.2:

Hmmm...both you and dishuser are unaffected by the latest update on ur ARQ-100 remotes...interesting...I don't know what the heck is so special about mine then!
    Geez...I could try that old reverse the battery polarity trick from yesteryear, to see if that wakes this otherwise cool remote out of its coma...dunno! LoL

Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    @Crazed 7.2:

Hmmm...both you and dishuser are unaffected by the latest update on ur ARQ-100 remotes...interesting...I don't know what the heck is so special about mine then!
    Geez...I could try that old reverse the battery polarity trick from yesteryear, to see if that wakes this otherwise cool remote out of its coma...dunno! LoL
    don't do that

you will then probably have to re calerbrate the remote, which is not difficult but.... even so... them batteries backwards in an air remote may be bad thing
    - Frank Zappa

do not always believe what is written on the internet.

The backwards batteries only worked for one specialized issue, all other issues were a sequence of depressions of RCU buttons... sometimes even groups at a time, but backwards batteries only helped with a small percentage of issues when talking RCU
    - Frank Zappa

ARQ-100 Update:

Reversing the polarity of both batteries in the ARQ-100 remote for about 3 minutes did the trick!! The Back and The Home buttons on it are now working again!

Now, every time I change the channel, I burp! Oh wait! That could be the New Year's bubbly talkin' !! LoL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast