Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Creating a new Portal or a Portal change

Creating a new Portal or a Portal change (Stalker or Ministra)

I noticed over the past months or years perhaps, that the setup guides for the Mag device were no as clear as they could be.

BIO's is well written, but it was written when things were a bit different.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...54-Setup-Guide
    And it is quite in depth, which is great to learn more about these Mag devices, but for the quick How To server setup, then not so great.

moskivb's is good, but lacking some important points.
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?1...-to-mag250-254

And I saw RYU's latest post concerning setting one up too. And that was short and sweet and if followed correctly then that would be all we need

But...

These Mag devices can be a bit confusing to setup especially for a novice in the area, even more so then most if not all IPTV receivers I have ever experienced.
    So I have tried to make it simple for those needing the How To when it comes to adding or adjusting any information onto the Mag device when it concerns Portal connections and the info needed just for that. Even things like how to ensure you have an active internet connection so that does not become an issue when trying to load the portal.

So here we go.....

Depending on what state the Mag device is at, the start up sequence may be slightly different.

-A brand new device (straight out of the box) would boot onto an infomir splash screen, with a Loading message also seen. We should next be booted directly into the Menu options. Then the setup procedures can proceed.

-If the device had previously been connected to a Portal (URL or m3u), we would still see the splash screen and the Loading message appear, but the next screen is the 'Loading Portal' screen. If there is an active Portal, we would see that portal load now.
    If that Portal is no longer in use, next we would see a Blue screen with the message --> 'Your STB is Blocked'

We need to get into the System Settings.
    Press the 'Setup' button on the RCU.
    *Find the 'Setup' button just below the Blue button.

Once the System Settings screen is opened, take notice of the scroll bar seen at the far right side. That means there is more info to see on this page, so scroll down.

Keep in mind thou that you may see one or two extra categories or one or two less categories. This depends on what Image files have been installed on the device.
    As an example with some Images, you may see a Interface category, while not on other Images.

Shown below are the categories that should be seen:

-Network
    -Servers - enter this menu to add or change Server Portal information/connections.
    -Video
    -Audio
    -Advanced Settings
    -Keyboard Layout
    -Network Info - enter this menu to confirm that your Mag device has an active internet connection.
    -Device Info - enter this menu to see the Mag/Stalker MAC address.
    -Restart portal
    -Reboot device
    -Reset Settings
    -Clear User data
    -Software update
    -Remote Update

Enter the 'Servers' menu to find 3 options.
    1. General
    2. Portals
    3. More

1. General - Time Server URL... this is how the receiver keeps time.
    NTP server: pool.ntp.org

2. Portals - There are two slots, which means we can have one or two different servers entered here.
    1a. Portal 1 Name - name this any name you want, it is for your reference only.
    1b. Portal 1 URL - the Server's URL, which begins with --> http://
    2a. Portal 2 Name - name this any name you want, it is for your reference only.
    2b. Portal 2 URL - the Server's URL, which begins with --> http://

You may have to press the OK button twice to Save and Exit the menu after Server URL has been entered or edited.
    There will be a pop-up message appear that tells us if the Portal URL was saved.

Another important point is that you may not need to add the http:// to the Portal URL.
    If you have trouble connecting then either add that http:// and try again or remove it and try again.

While still in the Portals menu, check near the bottom of the screen. and see the Red F1 icon.
    So press the Red button on the RCU
    The next screen will be a MultiPortal mode option.
    I am not sure what this does as I never used it, but I bet it has some to do with multiple portals

3. More - Bootstrap & Image Update URL
    -best to leave these URLs blank or leave as is if there is already info entered here.
    We do not necessarily want any new Image files loaded onto the Mag Device, especially not the older devices. The reasons why are discussed in another thread.

Before we go any further... Go to the System Settings screen and open the Device Info menu.
    Copy the MAC address seen therey.
    Then go to papiao website or iptv66 website and log onto your code and add or paste the MAC to your code thru the option to do so.

There is a Sticky thread in each of the 3 server's forum areas here at iptvTalk, which explains how to log onto your code at the websites.

Ensure to do an IPTV Reset after we have added that MAC to your code at the website (the reset function is done at the website).

Back in the server setup in the Mag's 'Servers' menu, we do not need to add a Username or Password to the portal which we setup on the Mag device.
    The MAC address attached to your code is all that is needed in regards to the server and your Mag doing the Handshake thing

Exit all screens till you come back to the Portal loading screen.... and... let it Load

If the Portal does not load and the screen does revert back to that Blue screen with the STB Blocked message, then press the Red button on the RCU... that should re-load the portal and we should then see the yellow loading bar progress.

*Find the 'Setup' button just below the Blue button on the RCU.

To bring up the onscreen Keyboard when needed, press the 'KB' button on the RCU.
    *Find the 'KB' button just below the 'Setup' button.

To Exit a menu at anytime, press the 'Home/Exit' button on the RCU.
    *Find the "Home/Exit" button on the left side of the large 'OK' button.

With the Mag devices you do not need to enter a username/password into the Mag's setup process.

Mag STBs with Ministra Middleware are now supported thru papioa services.
    Ensure you are setup with with the correct server URL portals, which are listed below...

iptvrocket (Rocket) --> new portal p2
    iptvprivateserver (NFPS) --> portals p4 and p7
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 11-24-2023 at 01:11 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

outstanding post and detailed information crazed
    Thank you
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    outstanding post and detailed information crazed
    Thank you
    I saw your post from earlier today Ryu... You had inspired me
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 9.6 View Post
    I saw your post from earlier today Ryu... You had inspired me
    my pleasure Sir. just tried to help our member get going
    but we can never provide detailed instruction you do sir. tip of hat for your time and dedication.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.