Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Ambassador
    Crazed it's safe not save.

Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
    Crazed it's safe not save.
    If he didn't save him he wouldn't be safe lol.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    here it is guys.
    Use at own Risk !!!

Thr0wawayicus is a software developer by day

C/P from Thr0wawayicus

"It definitely only came in the most recent firmware builds they released late last year - the browser app is definitely phoning home.
    Older firmwares are fine - but newer MAGs that don't have an older working version will need a patch, until I find a URL that triggers the block I can't test properly, so I can't be 100% certain that I can make a working patch.
    It would be very nice to defeat their brand new anti-piracy campaign within a month of them launching it."

"I got a couple of portals sent to me this morning - and I've started testing. It's 100% only in the firmware they released for all their boxes in the second half of last year and uses a combination of phoning home + a local list in case it can't reach the authorization server."

"Breaking the connection to Infomir shouldn't be too bad, but I'll need to find a good spot to insert a command to purge the local list during bootup + package it into a firmware for each model that affected users can flash (and test to make sure I don't break anything else in the process.)"

The basic instructions for building your own firmware are on the Infomir Wiki
    Code:
    https://wiki.infomir.eu/eng/set-top-box/for-developers/stb-linux-webkit/stb-software-image-making/operators-utilities-and-instructions-for-building-stb-software-image
    To edit the hosts file (/etc/hosts) add the following line: 127.0.0.1 mag324.dcbs.infomir.com (replace mag324 with the correct model for you)
    ideally designed to be done as part of the process of compiling a custom firmware. If you want to do it directly on the box then you can access it using an SSH client (such as PuTTY)

You connect to the IP of your box using your SSH client with the following details:
    Login: root
    Password: 930920

Infomir's factory images disable SSH, so if you can't connect then you'll need to flash your box with a firmware from:
    Code:
    http://soft.infomir.com
    Browse to the page for your specific model of box, and download the file named "imageupdate"

Formatted Storage Drive (USB Stick) as FAT32.
    MAG254 and earlier can be picky about which sticks they recognize, you may need to try a few - don't use USB3.0 sticks.
    Or use the wifi USB port if having USB recognition issues, if that port is available on your Mag model.

Place that file on a USB stick in a folder named after your box model (eg mag256) and then reboot your box while holding down the menu key on the remote.
    This will take you into the setup menu

Select Upgrade Tools
    Select Upgrade from USB
    Yes

That should flash your box with a firmware that allows console access.

Once you get in via SSH, run the following commands to do a quick and dirty patch:
    Code:
    echo 127.0.0.1 mag256.dcbs.infomir.com >> /etc/hosts
    rm /mnt/Userfs/data/dls.backup
    reboot && exit
    Obviously as in the instructions above, replace mag256 with whatever model of mag you have. This isn't (in my opinion) as good of an option as a custom firmware since it won't auto-purge the cache if it somehow comes back, or block automatic updates (so make sure you disable automatic updates yourself BEFORE you take the box online after flashing it)

UPDATED
    Custom firmware is ready to download and use
    Will preserve portal settings, but disables the block and prevents any remote updates from Infomir's servers.
    None of this actually breaks any license agreement, and is all done with tools/files they've released specifically for end users to use.

Code:
    https://anonfile.com/w39c38qdba/NoBlock_zip
    thnx monty49 for the file link

If having trouble with the above link, then try the mediafire link
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/hqa0b0461iskblf/NoBlock.zip/file
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 07-09-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Have been 'testing' this today.
    Even thou the mag is not blocked, I did not like the idea that informir could at any time, so I loaded this NOBLOCK custom image file... and the 'phone home' thing is never a good thing to have anyway

Loading is easy enough.
    From the anonfile.com/w39c38qdba/NoBlock_zip file, grab the file folder which coincides with your mag box (mag254 or mag322 or etc). Transfer it to your FAT32 (or xFat) USB stick. It should be in a folder labeled as mag254 or whatever your box designation is. Inside that folder is a bootstrap file and an image file.
    Leave them both in that folder and with that folder on your USB storage drive insert into the Mag, pull the power cord,disconnect.
    Then while pressing and holding the menu button on your remote control, reattach power and let it boot into the setup menu.
    -Select Upgrade Tools
    -Select Upgrade from USB (bootstrap)
    -Yes

It will take just a few minutes to fully load. This does not erase your server setups.
    Onscreen prompts will tell you progress.
    Once it is loaded you can check in the Settings menu and in Device info.
    It will show NOBLOCK_254 as part of the image description.

Working like a champ !

credit to
    Thr0wawayicus

Models include:
    mag250
    mag254
    mag256
    mag322
    mag324
    * some mag models will not have the Bootstrap included as a separate 'file' in that folder.
    That is okay, just ensure you transfer the correct folder onto USB device.
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 01-17-2019 at 05:38 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

iptv
    Great, Thank you

TV Addicted
    wow Great work Crazed!!!!!

TV Addicted
    I hit link and go to a page that says download. I hit download and get sent to a shopping page.............. What am I missing???

EDIT: Just got it started. For some reason I had to click several times getting a "Shopping" page each time. Finally, it gave me a download window. Don't know if it was me or not, but I did play with "Privacy Badger". An ad blocker and anti tracker program. After changing some of those settings, got the download window. Don't know if it was the anti tracking program or the fact I went to the ad page so many times. Just letting people know what I went through. Have a great one!
    Last edited by Digitaldan; 01-15-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks for the files.
    Question: in the 256/322/324 dirs. is no bootstrap file. Is that correct ?

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by meijvogel View Post
    Thanks for the files.
    Wondering the Same..

Operations Ninja
    Thanks for the files.
    I think the Bootstrap is integrated into the imageupdate file of the 256,322 and 324 as the imageupdate file is alot bigger.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast