Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Service is Pretty Much Unwatchable Especially in the Evening.

I have a Formuler z7+. I am using wireless internet. When I connect on the wireless page it shows good signal and 75mbs. TV Video is set to 720P

Problem:I have many instances of the picture dropping and the circle spinning in the middle of the screen. Before the connection is blamed, I can switch to The Weather Channel and it works fine 99% of the time. Also the YouTube app works fine so I believe it is not the connection. Another thing I notice quite often is if I switch to another channel for a short while (to avoid a commercial on the channel I was watching) then switch back, it does not connect and can take 20 minutes to reconnect to the original. It may actually take longer but I give up after 20 minutes. The service is great when it is working so I am hoping it is something I am doing wrong or have mis-configured.

Thank you for reading.

Once again I have to remind you guys that most of the source seedings are derived from Satellite feeds. and are susceptible to atmospheric conditions like heavy rain or snow storms etc.
    Yesterday and today, North America is experiencing a lot of both, and if you were previously an IKS user, you know that you loose signal or quality regularly.

Not to get into the technicals, but when your source signal is corrupted, the transcoding for the IPTV stream will not succeed and you will get a glitch.

As for the Weather Network, it is a remote, or open, channel that does not come from the Server, and is always available, even if the Server was off.
    As for Youtube and similar video streaming sites, they are not "Live" streams, and use a different transfer protocol, similar to a file download.
    *(VOD service uses a similar transmission protocol)

So when LiveTV is glitchy, ...watch a Movie!
    /kens

HD stands for Harley Davidson 4wheelin's Avatar
    using same box here and been watching movie for last hour with no issue

just verified with friends and they say its been working pretty solid.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Thank you for all the replies. Right now I am watching National Geographic channel 9186 with no issues. When I try to watch A&E 9118 or Science 9193 they either will not start or are unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by swantzilla View Post
    Thank you for all the replies. Right now I am watching National Geographic channel 9186 with no issues. When I try to watch A&E 9118 or Science 9193 they either will not start or are unwatchable.
    I don't know if this will help you but tried for you. I asked one of my friend who has rocket and he confirmed he does not have that issue but only thing is he has different box. thats why I said if this will help you or not. looks like its not server issue but could be just your box or some other issue. I would save all information such as donation, settings then reset your box and try agin and see if that helps fix your issues. please let us know and do it on your own risk.
    Last edited by Ryu; 12-23-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: fixed spellings
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Ambassador
    Ryu, you mean reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabacho View Post
    Ryu, you mean reset.
    lol yes Gabacho sorry for typo lol

You can reset and do whatever you want after you finished everything is the same don’t worry is the weather or your box or you internet but i still think it’s the weather

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I don't know if this will help you but tried for you. I asked one of my friend who has rocket and he confirmed he does not have that issue but only thing is he has different box. thats why I said if this will help you or not. looks like its not server issue but could be just your box or some other issue. I would save all information such as donation, settings then reset your box and try agin and see if that helps fix your issues. please let us know and do it on your own risk.
    I am trying factory reset. The only TV channel that is working is The Weather Channel. The others (TNT, A&E, Fox News, HGTV, Science) do not work. Movies do work, However they will occasionally stop and I have to restart them from the beginning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast