Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: new update

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manford View Post
    I have always been using the URL assigned from my donation. The MAC is linked with the donation.
    Would there be a secondary URL that could be used that may possibly help solve the issue?
    I have already tried rebooting & clearing the cache as well.
    you rebooted router/modem?

I am getting the spinning wheel a few times aswell.

Yes the server stream disconnected that initiated the issue, but with new buffer settings it should be reconnecting.

A quick Channel Down restores the feed.
    So it seems the stream reconnect and buffer is feeling at times

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    so these recent related issues are prolly and are server related.
    And yes, the stuff supported here. Fact is that yup there is lots of 'looping' and other things going on with iptv.. your receiver may see that as a bump and try to proceed.. and well outcomes vary.
    Fact is that indeed feeds are inconsistent ..for lack of better word.

Different boxes handle this differently... but no matter, it is a server issue.. not buzz
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

yea i had wheel of death too was thinking it was box but nope cleared up in few days after i did update just give it time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sergers View Post
    I am getting the spinning wheel a few times aswell.

Yes the server stream disconnected that initiated the issue, but with new buffer settings it should be reconnecting.

A quick Channel Down restores the feed.
    So it seems the stream reconnect and buffer is feeling at times
    buffer is for looping as far as I know not disconnection

Well I cannot figure it out at all.
    Without criticize, I still feel at the point of my first message about this my message #61
    I do not know whats going on. But I feel the update is buggy. My Kodi does not have this problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jropps View Post
    @manford:

My BuzzTV xpl300 shipped with Android 7.1.2, and as other posters have noted whose xpl3000 STB's are still on Android Marshmallow (6.0/6.01), many of the issues before and after the BuzzTV2 app release don't seem to be present on xpl3000's running on Android 6.x, like they are on 7.1.2.

I've experienced very similar issues as you've posted about on my xpl3000 immediately after the 211 update. I had so many bizarre issues at first, including massive channel loss (which turned out to be temporary), and inoperable buttons on the ARQ-100 remote, that I had to uninstall the update, which in turn prompted me to install the update again, which I did, and then the missing channels reappeared in my channel list.

The weird behavior with a couple of key buttons on the AQQ-100 remote required resetting the remote, which can be done in a variety of ways which are mentioned here on this site. I really like the ARQ-100 remote over the standard one shipped with my xpl3000, cuz it simply works better--sooooo much better, even though a couple/few key buttons aren't currently mapped to their on-button printed labels, but alternative button presses produce the desired functions. I've read here in this thread and elsewhere on this site that updates that may improve the ARQ-100's response/functionality are being worked on, so hopefully the few inconveniences currently being experienced by some of us using this remote will be addressed in the future.

I like many of the changes/improvements made in the BuzzTV2 211 update, except for the failure to tune into channels when changing channels, compared to the previous update, using both the standard xpl3000 remote and the ARQ-100 remote. This es especially evident when using the "Last" or the lil' "Rocket" button located directly above the "Menu" the the ARQ-100 remote, to return to the previous channel, and the "Recall CH" button on the original xpl3000 remote.

Prior to the 211 update, I had roughly a 98% success rate when using these buttons to quickly flip back & forth between shows I was interested in that were on at the same time slot. With the 211 update, my experience has been the reverse of that: now 98% of the time, the channels don't tune in. Instead, they either paint a still image of the channel being switched to, and then the dreaded circle buffering indicator appears and rarely tune in even after 45 seconds or more, or they tune in with active video for about 3/4ths of a second, and then the circle buffering or no pic at all. Sometimes rapidly pressing the "Last" button, or using the up / down channel buttons will trigger the channel to tune back in, but mostly this doesn't work either.

I've experimented with pressing the OK buttons and the EPG / Guide-equivalent buttons on the standard and ARQ-100 remotes respectively, and traversing the mini channel view or EPG/Guide view for selecting channels, and this seems to occasionally have a slightly better success rate, but not much.

I've tried clearing cache, both from the outer APP menu, and the Inner Android Apps->BuzzTV app selection menu, and of course rebooting the STB and all communications equipment, and at various times of the day and nite, to ostensibly rule out ISP and/or server load issues, but it hasn't yielded any relief to this errant behavior. I experienced none of this behavior in the prior version of the BuzzTV app.

There's also an issue with the LiveTV Categories selection feature with the 211 update, as recently reported by a friend with an identical xpl3000 running on Android 7.1.2 and who also has the standard and ARQ-100 remotes.

I've been able to reproduce this issue on my xpl3000 with the 211 update as well.

When they press the OK button, and then Left-Arrow to bring up the LiveTV Categories selection menu on the left side of the screen, and they select a different Category, such as the "Information" Category for example, and then press the OK button to activate that Category, they can see the name of the Category has changed at the top of the mini channel view list mode, thus confirming their Category change, and from there they can navigate and select channels as expected within that Category.

However, upon trying to leave/exit that category and Select the "All" category again, they're often left in the singular Category they'd previously selected, and can't seem to escape from it, and seemingly only after pressing a ton of buttons on their remote(s) are they occasionally able to return to the "All" LiveTV Category with all of the channels available in the list again. They also reported randomly missing channels or having strange channels gaps appear out of nowhere, and upon pressing the OK button and then the Left-Arrow button on their remote(s), they observed that they'd somehow been placed into the "Science" Category, which explained the channel gaps, because the Category filtering was in effect.

After further troubleshooting/experimentation with this issue on my xpl3000, I often times experienced the same problems, and the only way I could consistently return to the "All" LiveTV Category and therefore see all of the available LiveTV Channels on screen was to Highlight the "All" Category, and then press the Right Arrow button, then the Channel Up arrow, and then press the OK button, twice, to view whichever channel was highlighted in the list. This would then allow me to traverse the expected channels in the "All" LiveTV Category. This happens most of the time when switching LiveTV Cagegories, but not all of the time. I'm not sure if the same button presses were required in the previous version of the BuzzTV app or not, as prior to the 211 update, I never bothered to use the LiveTV Categories feature.
    pressing ok and then left button to go to categories is correct
    after navigating to a category and pressing ok is incorrect
    you press right button

@dishuser:

Yup! That works.
    I guess somewhere along the line, the ubiquitous use of the OK button was just an assumed part of the usual if not logical path to function/feature enablement, as it is mostly everywhere else on the Buzz... (yeah...enablement, that's not a real word, but I pressed OK to get it too! LoL)

Anyway....ur technique is now noted. Thx!

Edit: I've found that after viewing a channel with @dishuser's Category Selection method, and then attempting to use the same method to select a new Category, I'm stlll left in the previously selected Category. In order to actually select a new Category, Ive had to also press the Up or Down button, then the OK button to actually tune to that channel (even if it's the same channel I was watching previously), and then upon exiting/viewing whichever channel I've chosen, then and only then will I be switched to the new Category.

So, for me, on an xpl3000 running on Android 7.1.2 and with the latest BuzzTV2 (211) update, the Category Selection method seems to be at bit buggy, or at least a bit awkward, if not inconsistent with other BuzzTV app features/button presses required to achieve the desired result.
    Last edited by jropps; 01-18-2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Added clarification

got this update yesterday BuzzTV2 (218) never noticed before but in APPS there is a new app next to the Buzztv2 app...called Buzz Update

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    got this update yesterday BuzzTV2 (218) never noticed before but in APPS there is a new app next to the Buzztv2 app...called Buzz Update
    bring up the side bar menu when on LiveTV and there is also a Check Updates shortcut there too.
    I think that is also new?
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast