Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New update

Hybrid View

TV Addicted

New update

This new update has messed up my Favorites , once I go into my favs and select a channel from my list , then when I go back into epg it now shows not all my favs, it shows less of the fav list I have but once I go to another channel in favs then select epg again it shows all my favs,,, very odd update,,, and I can't just add fav that I have in there because they are there already depending on the channel I go into in the fav

needs to be fixed or how can I revert back to previous version

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    There was a note with this update that said it would mess up your Favorites.

With the issue you are having now, I think maybe best bet is to perform a reset on the box. Then all Favs will be erased and then you can re-add them.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Warrior
    tried to duplicate your issue and could not
    your thread title is a little dramatic too...lol

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NBS View Post
    tried to duplicate your issue and could not
    your thread title is a little dramatic too...lol
    I fixed that
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    I don't recall the notes saying the update was for the 2000

Favorites are saved server side so resetting the box does not actually delete favorites... I'm seeing the same issue though. When I go to to the favorites list in Live TV and select and go to a channel, all is fine. When I next go to EPG, it's not showing the favorites list but the original group list where the channel lives. Other than that, this update seems to work very well and my EPG seems to function flawlessly for the first time since woning the box. **Edit** Sorry, just noticed this was in the xpl2000 section, mine is a 3000.

TV Addicted
    I just erase favs and start from scratch tks guys

TV Addicted
    wiped out all of my favs and started from scratch but still the same problem

when I select one of my fav channels then go to epg it shows all of the US channels that are not part of my favs

so there is a problem between epg and fav selection that was never there before , only since this new update

can any admin here pass this on to the creator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by curgs View Post
    wiped out all of my favs and started from scratch but still the same problem

when I select one of my fav channels then go to epg it shows all of the US channels that are not part of my favs

so there is a problem between epg and fav selection that was never there before , only since this new update

can any admin here pass this on to the creator
    I press ok button and then left
    select favourites category
    pick a channel and watch it
    when I press epg button only my favourites are listed
    I don't see a problem

Ambassador
    I do not have the issue being mentioned here but I can explain what is happening.

Favorites are denoted by the star, so you have a favorite list that includes channels from the English/USA category. When you go to that category you will see these channels with the star (denoting it is a favorite) only..... it does not mean you are in favorites category. So when you go to EPG it is the channels in the English/USA category that will be listed.

Remember, you selected a channel that is a favorite.... you did not select that channel from the favorites category. If you are in the favorites category and you select a channel, then go to EPG, only the favorite channels will be listed.

Note that the star indicates the channel is a favorite and will be visible even when enter other categories that those channels are listed.

Now here is something you have to take notice of as well....... if you are watching a channel, let's say NBC, from your favorites category, and you then go into EPG and select English/USA category to do some browsing of channels...... during this browse.... you did not change channels...... you decide to go back to NBC and select it........ you go to EPG or bring up the info bar...... it will show you as still being in the favorites category, which is correct. But if you were to select a channel other than the one you are on (NBC)..... you automatically move into that category (English/USA) which will be confirmed when you bring up EPG or the info bar.

Hope you all understand..... it is not an issue and favorites are not messed up as you may think. It's basically about channel selection based on the category you are actually in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast