Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

T2 Prime & Nividia Shield Review.

staff Edited content
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-18-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    we all know that the Nividia Shield is one of the best for certain attributes (most attributes).

What you are doing here is comparing apples to oranges. And in the Oranges sub forum !!!
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

after much deep thought (I do that now and again), I am gonna delete your post. Not because of what we or I may or may not support, but because you have posted and boosted about them apples in this here Oranges sub forum area.

Hope you understand
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

- Frank Zappa

I agree I have posted Nvidia Shields in the past.
    I have also Posted about the Dreamlink T1 also.
    But surprised that the T2 Prime is not as well built as the Shield.(T2 Prime gets 2 gigs of Samsung Ram}
    But I do say that the (***** app} that you can download in the T2 Prime
    app area.Is better then the Shield...On the T2 Prime there is NO delay with audio and video
    where as the Shield has at least a 1/2 second delay....(I will have to say that the T2 Prime wins here}
    But the Shield Video is much better(maybe because Nvidia makes video cards?}
    I downloaded the Kodi 18 and had problems with the T2 Prime but the Nvidia had no problems.
    Maybe if I went with the Kodi 17 maybe the T2 would have done as well..........JT
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-19-2018 at 06:55 AM. Reason: *****

I have heard that reducing the amount of apps that may be installed on that T2 may help with the Kodi18 thing .... but in the end it is because not enough memory or something along them lines.
    Not many IPTV based receivers are up to par with what the Shield is capable of concerning specs ... but concerning ease of use with IPTV connected server(s) and with many features directed towards IPTV server type use... its them apples and oranges thing again.
    - Frank Zappa

My Shield works best when i use Mobdro or other Sub apos like Netflix, nothing works better then shield but when it comes to IPTV, Buzz is the best for me. I have had the shield for over 4 years now love it for its speed and video along with the 4K.

Myself I think the Next Generation of the T2 receivers should have a better
    Video card or whatever they use for Video like the Nvidia has....JT

Watered Down
    Havent had a single issue with my shield and iptv, use perfect player, prog tv, no issues whatsoever, other apps, blows away the competition, 4k is awesome, have no complaints, none, aint fussed in the least it aint out the box for iptv, takes 30 seconds to make it so, lol, its got everything I could want in a box, speed alone is worth it,

Only thing I see that the T2 Prime has over the Nvidia Shield.
    Its the IPTV app that you get from the T2 Iptv app section and the Shield uses the same app.
    The T2 Prime is Not out of Sync where as the Shield is about 1/2 seconds slower in audio.
    But using that same App in Kodi there is NO delays...
    As I said the T2 should have a better video card because I think its kinda grainy as of now.......JT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast