Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

The Christmas Chronicles (2018)

Director: Clay Kaytis
    Writers: Matt Lieberman (screenplay), David Guggenheim (story), and 1 more credit.
    Stars: Kurt Russell, Darby Camp, Judah Lewis, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Goldie Hawn.

This movie features another Kurt Russell connection to Elvis Presley. The song that Santa (Russell) sings in the jail scene is one of Elvis' Christmas songs, "Santa Claus is Back in Town".
    Russell's first movie was in the Elvis movie "It Happened at the World's Fair" (1963) where Elvis pays Russell to kick him in the shin.
    Russell portrayed Elvis in a TV movie (1979).
    Russell lent his voice to the actor playing a young Elvis Presley in "Forrest Gump".
    Russell played an ex-con at an Elvis Impersonator Convention in "3000 Miles to Graceland" (2001).

Goldie Hawn is in this and that makes 4 or 5 movies that the real life couple have appeared together. Itdoesn't end there thou, Oliver Hudson who is real life son to Goldie Hawn, also makes an appearance in this.
    Santa's list includes several of Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn's actual grandchildren.

Okay, enough trivia

This Christmas story has a brother and sister stowed away on Santa's Sliegh, while Santa is busy delivering presents down chimneys.

Santa played by Kurt Russell, is not the Fat and Joly type we all seem to associate with.
    Not saying this Santa was anything like that other movie the 'Bad Santa', no.
    Our Santa was just Kurt Russell playing Santa... lol

It's not a bad movie, if you are a kid I suppose.
    This is defiantly a children's movie.
    Santa did go to jail thou
    Kurt can sing, but maybe his getting up in the years has taken some of his voice away, cause his Elvis song he sings in jail is not his best vocals...and I see IMDb has that the other way... they just love his singing in this movie... I thought it was not great.... but it had the spirit...

so, let the kids watch this one. It is an enjoyable Christmas movie.

Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-15-2018 at 04:14 AM. Reason: added picture
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar

Lightbulb

"THANKS", Good Movie...! Really Liked the "3000 Miles to Graceland" also...!