Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    TV Addicted

Vod movies wont play

Hello
    I am having issues with vod movies not playing at all. Live tv works great though. On my different box VOD plays no issues.
    Thanks for your help

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akrepi1 View Post
    Hello
    I am having issues with vod movies not playing at all. Live tv works great though. On my different box VOD plays no issues.
    Thanks for your help
    try a different player

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    I am guilty of not following this thru as some time ago it was seen that the VODs were not working on the xtreamx box. Actually there were a few that would work but mostly not.
    What we need to do is what dishuser mentioned and find a way to use an external Player and not the default Player.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

VODs m3u Playlist is working thru my installed Perfect Player on the Xtreamz box. This is a different method which does not need the boxes MAC and which would need either a copy of the m3u Playlist on a USB drive or the URL that points to the m3u Playlist.

All the VODs work now with this method. However there is freezing. I have not singled this out to any specific cause yet, but I am still working on it.

And next I will see what happens if I install another Player onto the xtreamz and try using that in place of their default Player.
    As it stands now, I do not see where it allows using an external Player, but maybe if I install it then a pop up message may appear asking me which Player I want to use .... we will see
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Show below is the current Media Player installed as Default Player on the Xtreamz Z1 box.
    -Video 1.82-20140122-4.4.apk
    ID: android.rk.RockVideoPlayer
    Size is 903411
    Updated 2015-02-2
    Android OS: Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.1 - 4.0.2 API level 14, NDK 7 or higher
    Version: 1.82-20140122-4.4 (1 code)
    Code:
    http://android-rockvideoplayer.apk.black/8570428-video-1.82-20140122-4.4/
    So perhaps an updated version of that same Player would work. Other versions of these Players can be found thru that same coded link shown above.
    But the .apk version they give you does not have a correct file name for .apk loading, it instead ends with some sort of HashTag (but it does show in Properties as an .apk file) or could be other reasons why it won't load, perhaps because other Player of same brand needs un-installing first, but I do not want to do that.

Anyway, I have tried a couple other popular Players so far and am not getting any prompt to choose Players... Default Player is still ummmm, defaulted
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-11-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thank you for the replies.
    I tried to install different players but still not working. I am not sure on how to change the default player or how to install the latest version of rockvideo player
    Will there be any updates soon to address this issue on x1 box?

Thank you for the replies.
    I tried to install different players but still not working. I am not sure on how to change the default player or how to install the latest version of rockvideo player
    Will there be any updates soon to address this issue on x1 box?
    only thing you can do is to install Perfect Player and run your VODs thru an M3u Playlist, either with the Playlist on a USB drive or enter the Playlist's URL into Perfect Player setup.

Check the m3u Playlist sub-forum section here at iptvtalk. It will show you how to get the PerfectP layer installed and working.
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...amp-Turtorials

the links below would be the VODs templates you might wanna look at

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...atted-Metadata
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ts-VOD-english
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thank you very much crazed 7.2.
    I was hoping that there would be an update regarding this issue and be able to use VOD for movies .

Is this forum here the official support for this box?
    I might have to switch back to my old avov plus box for now

Thanks again

Thank you very much crazed 7.2.
    I was hoping that there would be an update regarding this issue and be able to use VOD for movies .

Is this forum here the official support for this box?
    I might have to switch back to my old avov plus box for now

Thanks again
    It may seem like alot of work, but really it is very easy to get these VODs working thru that Perfect Player I had described.
    Of the 3 links I posted above, the first will lead to the m3u sub-forum here on site. Lots of info in there.

That last link leads to a sorted and categorized VOD Playlist.
    Directions are included.
    As I mentioned thou, looking at the amount of info , it makes it seem a daunting task... but it is actually rather easy.

In fact, there are only a few steps you would need to do...

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    I am not one to make videos, sorry

But this stuff is very easy thou, it just sounds difficult and the massive amount of info may make it look so.... But most of that read is to add to your knowledge of it all and helps to understand how it works, but basically there are only a few steps you need to do.

First is to get a copy of the VODs list from the mediafire llink.
    Open it with Notepad (Notepad text editor) on your desktop.
    Use the Edit function found on Notepad Editor.
    Use the Replace all function
    'abc' should be replaced with your server URL (as shown in the above tutorial)
    'xyz' should be replaced with your Donation or Route number (as shown in the above tutorial)

Then open that newly edited VODs file on your Player... but VLC Player will not show most work done, so open it with Perfect Player instead.

Is easy peasy really
    You do not even need to visit the service website for any of this, just get the copy from mediafire link supplied (unzip/extract) and do the quick edits and vola
    http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ts-VOD-english

Xtreamz may or may not release more updates for their boxes, we do not know.
    Recently we have not heard from them.
    I would not wait thou, I would (and have) installed Perfect Player on the xtreamz box and you will then get VODs working thru the m3u Playlist.
    With that template, you will get lots of organization and sorting. It makes navigating them VODs and finding what you want a breeze
    The rewards are great... for your time in figuring it all out

If you need help or direction along the way, just ask
    - Frank Zappa

and I should mention too that you do not have to use an edited playlist as I linked to before. You can just get a copy of the Playlist from the service website and use that on Perfect Player, no editing needed. You will get your VODs and LiveTV on the same Playlist that way... but you will not get the sorting and organization as you would with the edited list.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?2...-papiao-iptv66
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast