Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TV Addicted
    Thx for clarifying /kens....I really appreciate your work, having said that it really shouldn’t be up to you or anyone else to supplement the service’s shortcomings for free nor should customers be expected to pay extra for another members efforts to provide what should be a basic component to this service..guess we’ll see how this plays out....thx again and all the best in the New Year.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Provider was covering my costs + a little extra.
    That has stopped now ???

I will be continuing the guide as long as I get a little support from users of the guide.
    And yes, you should have had a provider guide, but the providers guide was out of wack, and was set up for Stalker devices,
    Since playlist access started, there has not been a guide source, which is why I made one.

Since I started asking for Donations (~2 weeks), received 10 donations.
    /kens
    Kens, thanks for your GREAT efforts in so many areas of this hobby. It would be a pity and a great loss if you should leave and an effort should be made by all users of your work to ensure that this does not happen. What level of "support" is needed? What would be a useful "contribution" for us to make on an individual level for your present arrangements and for your work to continue? Us peeps are quite grateful for and dependent on the very useful inputs you have been making here.

Quote Originally Posted by vtaylor1229 View Post
    Kens, thanks for your GREAT efforts in so many areas of this hobby. It would be a pity and a great loss if you should leave and an effort should be made by all users of your work to ensure that this does not happen. What level of "support" is needed? What would be a useful "contribution" for us to make on an individual level for your present arrangements and for your work to continue? Us peeps are quite grateful for and dependent on the very useful inputs you have been making here.
    I appreciate the "appreciation". Thanks!

I once suggested to the Providers, (they asked me the same question), that $1.00 per user/ per year, would be an easy guideline to use.
    That was refused as too much. (I did not know, and still don't, the user base).Will continue this later, sorry.
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I appreciate the "appreciation". Thanks!

I once suggested to the Providers, (they asked me the same question), that $1.00 per user/ per year, would be an easy guideline to use.
    That was refused as too much. (I did not know, and still don't, the user base).Will continue this later, sorry.
    /kens
    That is a real disappointment to hear this type of response from the powers that be. If they dont want to pay you a lousy buck a user and make it their offical epg or at least take it on and maintain it themselves and would rather not have one to offer their customers...well...best I not say anything more....

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    That is a real disappointment to hear this type of response from the powers that be. If they dont want to pay you a lousy buck a user and make it their offical epg or at least take it on and maintain it themselves and would rather not have one to offer their customers...well...best I not say anything more....
    If the providerrs do not want to pay the $1 per person, I as one the users of kens great work would not object too strongly to paying this $1 more in my contribution. Howeverr I cannot speak for others in this regard. I do not know the business arrangemets here so I cannot make any informed proposal and neither am I trying to criticize anyone about the matter. As a user of this service I simply feel that kens is a wonderful asset and we should try to help continue his work here.

Quote Originally Posted by vtaylor1229 View Post
    If the providerrs do not want to pay the $1 per person, I as one the users of kens great work would not object too strongly to paying this $1 more in my contribution. Howeverr I cannot speak for others in this regard. I do not know the business arrangemets here so I cannot make any informed proposal and neither am I trying to criticize anyone about the matter. As a user of this service I simply feel that kens is a wonderful asset and we should try to help continue his work here.
    To continue my previous Post, (sorry, had to run!), since I Host all my "stuff", I now see why $1/user is too much.
    - 5200 users downloaded my Perfect Player tutorial video.
    - 5400 users downloaded my PotatoTV tutorial video.
    - 1900 downloads of 1st version of IPTVXtra for Kodi.
    - 1750 downloads of my Kodi Repository for IPTVXtra v2.2 w/MediaInfo.
    - TV/ VOD misc. templates - >1000.

Not counting other Apps for m3u playlists, rough estimate for above is 10,000+, using programs or apps that are not using Stalker(Mac#) authentication.
    Then there are the legacy users (MAG's, stb emu's, DL's etc). Unknown user base, but I assume it to be greater than playlist users.

So I agree the $1/user is way too much.

Not to ignore the other side of the argument, the Providers guide is now a usable source(EPG time offset problem fixed).
    They need to tweak it a little so it can be used in "all" applications (I told them what's wrong ("& it's still wrong!")).

So, I will continue to ask users for donations.

I thank all that have contributed so far.
    Your EPG will continue for the next year for sure.
    If the Support does not improve, I may have to send you new links, but I have faith.

BTW, donation count after 3 weeks, ...13.
    Happy Holidays
    /kens

TV Addicted
    What a Christmas present! Thanks kens for your most unselfish gesture and for coming through for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12