Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TV Addicted

An end to /kens EPG?

Perhaps I’ve missed a post about this but I noticed in the program description from /kens guide data a message “*As of 12/28/18 - Use Provider/Alternate guide*” I am presuming this to mean /kens will not be making this available after this date? If so, thanks so much /kens for the great work on this EPG data, hopefully the service provider will pick it up to keep it going.

I did see this however, I have also seen this

thread about EPG-Guide-Source-Expires-Dec-18th"

Either way I really hope this is not going away, there are a couple boxes running with Kens EPG and pray it don't break them. Just gave them to family.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylotul View Post
    I did see this however, I have also seen this

thread about EPG-Guide-Source-Expires-Dec-18th"

Either way I really hope this is not going away, there are a couple boxes running with Kens EPG and pray it don't break them. Just gave them to family.
    That was an old thread from last year, this is a new message.

It seems you did not read the information that Ken's that he was asking for donations all last week on all the android devices just like you read the information that was ending. It is more like December 28, 2018. When you are reading his last years, which is about right when scheduled direct has expired. We all take for granted the great work that Ken's does with his EPG that includes me to $10.00 is not too much with all the people that are using this service,you can Count on the provider.They do not have a very good record keeping up the EPG Ken's guide is easy to use and we need to step up and get this going for another year.

that is my expiry date ??? Good guess!
    If anyone would like to take it over, I will pass on all files & customizing instructions.
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    that is my expiry date ??? Good guess!
    If anyone would like to take it over, I will pass on all files & customizing instructions.
    /kens
    Totally understand @/kens, thank you so much for the time and effort that has been put into this. Hugely appreciated!
    @crazed7.2 - perhaps this is a great time for the provider to adopt this as their epg datafile since the one they offer is less than par, at least the last time I tired it. Any chance to send this up the food chain for consideration? Losing this guide data will be a big setback for the service imo.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    Totally understand @/kens, thank you so much for the time and effort that has been put into this. Hugely appreciated!
    @crazed7.2 - perhaps this is a great time for the provider to adopt this as their epg datafile since the one they offer is less than par, at least the last time I tired it. Any chance to send this up the food chain for consideration? Losing this guide data will be a big setback for the service imo.
    am looking into this... I do not know just how yet but I am investigating possibilities.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

TV Addicted
    Thx Crazed

TV Addicted
    Any update on EPG future? I saw recently that the message had changed to asking for support and the cutoff date of Dec 28 was gone. Today it is saying that “provider support has ended” What does this actually mean? It is supported, it’s not supported and why doesn’t the provider actually supply an EPG to the members like what /kens has worked so hard on?

Quote Originally Posted by 85146 View Post
    Any update on EPG future? I saw recently that the message had changed to asking for support and the cutoff date of Dec 28 was gone. Today it is saying that “provider support has ended” What does this actually mean? It is supported, it’s not supported and why doesn’t the provider actually supply an EPG to the members like what /kens has worked so hard on?
    Provider was covering my costs + a little extra.
    That has stopped now ???

I will be continuing the guide as long as I get a little support from users of the guide.
    And yes, you should have had a provider guide, but the providers guide was out of wack, and was set up for Stalker devices,
    Since playlist access started, there has not been a guide source, which is why I made one.

Since I started asking for Donations (~2 weeks), received 10 donations.
    /kens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast