Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    yes, you are correct dishuser ... I just wanted to clear it up for others
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    yes, you are correct dishuser ... I just wanted to clear it up for others
    on a side note the buzz is running great with one touch pvr and catchup working flawlessly

Sam is looking for a replacement box
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Ok so, If I understood correctly I was connected to a server with an IKS account but although very well clarified by dishuser this forum does not offer IKS accounts. Now my problem is solved by getting a new iks account in other site that offers it. Right? Any suggestions? By the way my box is not broken is working find. if I understood right what I need is a new IKS account!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam56 View Post
    Ok so, If I understood correctly I was connected to a server with an IKS account but although very well clarified by dishuser this forum does not offer IKS accounts. Now my problem is solved by getting a new iks account in other site that offers it. Right? Any suggestions? By the way my box is not broken is working find. if I understood right what I need is a new IKS account!
    if you're pointed at south sats you might want to consider iptv as iks isn't very reliable anymore unless pointed to the north

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Does a Dreambox Connect to what Sam was using or do Those connect to Streaming Video from Another Type of Server...?!? Isn't a Jynxbox fashioned after a Dreambox...?!?

Sam is talking about satalitte reception, which has nothing to do with iptvTalk.
    I thought that was made clear ?

Only reason I left the thread open is because I thought Sam may want advice on iptv and that sort of thing.
    If this is not the case then this thread will be closed
    - Frank Zappa

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam56 View Post
    Greetings from Aguadilla PR

Forgive me for bothering every one here but I need help from someone in the room who knows a little bit more about new accounts than me. Long story short, I have a premium jynxbox HD (jynxbox 23 or 24) that for 5 years was connected to a sever that seems to recently shut down. I've been like 5 days without TVs trying to get my box running. Do anyone have any recommendation to give me to reconnect my box again???

Thanks in advance
    I was asking because of what was posted in that 1st post... If that Jynxbox was hooked up to a server why cant it be hooked up to one of the Servers from here...?!? It has the capability to enter information doesn't it, I mean it can be connected via Ethernet or is it by RS-232 onlly...?!?

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2c View Post
    I was asking because of what was posted in that 1st post... If that Jynxbox was hooked up to a server why cant it be hooked up to one of the Servers from here...?!? It has the capability to enter information doesn't it, I mean it can be connected via Ethernet or is it by RS-232 onlly...?!?
    It is not an android, it is not even a Linux. It is just a normal fta receiver with IKS functionality (in fact it is the Chinese knock-off model really)
    They first cloned the JynxUltra HD but after using modified Jynx firmware for awhile (which is a definition of a clone), the clone guys started producing their own firmware, which in my view then makes it a 'knockoff' and no longer a 'clone' ...
    but I degrees

It could theoretically connect online to a server, yes. It can in fact connect to an IKS server. But without an Android Operating system or Linux OS such as that Dreambox is, then it can not use that connection for anything except communication of data..... and not the actual channel stream.
    -With IPTV, the channel stream and all other data comes thru internet connection.
    -With 'IKS' (satellite), the channel stream and some other functional data comes thru the dish antenna and other data comes thru the internet. (These boxes CAN NOT stream channels thru internet because of the OS limitations).

Dreamboxes can do both and more. They are using a Linux Operating System.
    It can be quite daunting and is quite in-depth to set things Dreamboxes up, nothing like setting up an Android (like a Dreamlink T2 for instance).
    Some Dreambox models can even act as a server, (this came especially handy in a University type atmosphere, where students and faculty could connect to a network, so to speak)
    They are full of abilities one does not even know or even imagined about, it's a Linux box

They do not rely on an updated Android version, because they do not run an Android Operating System.
    Dreamboxes came long before the Android Operating Systems were seen.

Now, this has to make it clear...no ? .... lol
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-08-2018 at 09:49 PM.
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    crezed 7.2 my apologies. This site is bean a great help, every body here opens my eyes. thanks for your help and patience. I hope I hade your knowledge to find and understand that I need.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast