Post Please move channels with no guide data from SD to HD

At present, the following HD channels have no guide data (in Kens guide):

CNN HD, NBCSN HD, Animal Planet HD, Discovery Channel SD, Sundance TV HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Viceland HD, and WGN America HD.

Can the valid guide data in those same SD channels be moved to the HD versions?
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 11-21-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post

CNN HD, NBCSN HD, Animal Planet HD, Discovery Channel HD, Sundance TV HD, and WGN America HD.

Will check status of these.
    Thx
    /kens

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Will check status of these.
    Thx
    /kens
    Depending on what program you use, the results will be different. The Playlist from the Server has the SD & HD channels with the same station ID#.
    You can't have guide data for 1 Station ID, connected to 2 channels.
    It will link to the 1st, and ignore the 2nd. (with most programs)

Post your app used.
    /kens

Quote Originally Posted by 1sikguy View Post

CNN HD, NBCSN HD, Animal Planet HD, Discovery Channel SD, Sundance TV HD, Crime and Investigation HD, Viceland HD, and WGN America HD.

I use the playlist copied from the Donation checker servor. Then I install using VLC Media Player.
    I noticed a recent change, since the post, where there is now data in SD and HD for WGN America.

FYI... ALL the other channels except the ones identified have guide info for both the SD and HD channels for me.
    Last edited by 1sikguy; 11-21-2018 at 06:35 PM.

yes I added the WGN listing as it had different ID#'s for HD & SD, and I did not have it in the list of channels I can get data for.
    The others as I mentioned, have the same ID#'s (though there is unique #'s for both), and since it is a list from the server, I have no control over the content.
    *Templates I post have all correct Channel ID's (or it would not match guide data)
    Guide data does include the data for the channels in question, but will not match due to the ID# mismatch.

*Note: If you save a local copy of the m3u playlist, you can delete the ID#'s for those channels and your program may default to matching the channels by Name, not ID#.

I have informed the "powers-that-be", of the errors.
    /kens
    Last edited by kens; 11-22-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Depending on what program you use, the results will be different. The Playlist from the Server has the SD & HD channels with the same station ID#.
    You can't have guide data for 1 Station ID, connected to 2 channels.
    It will link to the 1st, and ignore the 2nd. (with most programs)

Post your app used.
    /kens
    You certainly can have guide data connected to as many channels as you want if using kodi. I have several subs and certain channels are duplicated but no sub lists them the same way. As long as you use the same ID and a standardized tvg-name, you can list the channel name that shows up in the pvr as anything you want to. I might have four subs that call a channel something different, but my xml populates every channel with no problems at all. Kodi's pvr doesn't seem to care what follows the comma at the end of each #EXTINF. It only cares about tvg-id and tvg-name and you can use them dozens of times if you want in a playlist.