TV Addicted

Edit Channel Names

Is it possible to edit channel names in Groups ?
    Dreamlink T2 using DOL2

Junoir Member
    I do it using xtream-editor com but it a paid service. It can also add some missing epg.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    if you use an m3u Playlist, then yes it is possible.

from dirty harry...
    'this is a 45 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world. It will blow your head clean off'
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Will this help to put all your favorite channels on the Dreamlink T2 in alphabetical order, and not just the order of numbers that is now there.
    I have been trying hard to get a solution to this. Prefer to have my favorite channels seen in alphabetical order

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    if looking at editing an m3u playlist for your Live channels, then yes you can place channels in any order or delete channels too. But do not change the channel data in each channel line, included the channel number.
    Its a fairly big project to do all the work.
    In the end, you would be using an edited m3u Playlist file, or a few edited playlist files and loaded thru USB drive onto the T2
    You would also need an EPG url included in the T2 setup, and as long as you do not change the channel data and only organize or delete channels, then the EPG data should work.
    It is some work, and you'd have to keep upon any channel changes done at the server and add them accordingly to your list(s). And the learning curve can be daunting to completely understand how it all works.
    Well, maybe not 'daunting' .. but time consuming at the least.

Best is to forget all that and use the Groups categories on your T2 and forget about alphabetical order for Live TV channels.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Well, I agree that it could present a challenge, and it is not worth the effort.
    I was hoping months ago that Dreamlink itself would come up with a software change that would facilitate the placing of channels and the movement of channels in the FAVORITE section in alphabetical order, just like it is done in MAG boxes.