Junoir Member

Does a T2 make a Roku stick obsolete ?

Bought a Roku Streaming Stick + and antenna to try out but want to get into PVR options for one tv in living room. We only have 75 internet, and considering 150. That said, we will need something for bedroom and family room tv. Leaning towards the T2 for living room just not sure which version. Family room tv is used a few times a year so thinking to put Roku there... and something simple in bedroom as it’s used once a month tops... so not needing many features more than a remote.

Hoping for help

I have a lot of streaming devices and the Dreamlink is the best investment that I ever made so far.

Junoir Member
    Thanks for input.

big question do you use kodi if not the dreamlink lite is the box for you has vods and iptv

Junoir Member
    I had to google Kodi, if that helps answer that lol

You can find answer to every questions on you tube

Absolutely not.

All of these android boxes run a generic version of android. They are not certified for anything... meaning you will not get the official Netflix for TV app, nor any official TV app. Any apps you install from the market or via side-loading won't function in the same manner as they do on your Roku because they're designed for touchscreen cellphones/tablets NOT for a TV and remote control. Even Kodi doesn't function correctly with the remote and can crash often with certain add-ons.

This is why I bought the Dreamlink Dlite+ for IPTV and use an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k for my apps. Both together came out cheaper than the Formuler Z7+ that I previously purchased.

For the absolute best app experience on your TV you will want a device that runs one of the following: Roku, FireTV, Android TV, Google TV, WebOS for TV, TizenOS for TV, or any other smart TV based OS.

Watered Down
    I just cant get board with roku or FireTV, mostly Fire, Bezos need no more beer monies, lol,

Junoir Member
    This whole forum is like another language to me. Much like dizzurp's comment.... I’m sure it make sense to them.... however, I can follow it if I ignore the things like certified, installing apps, side loading. Then I get to Ruko part and get more lost because it’s for my tv and comes with a remote.

The best I can gather from this wonderful information (thanks to all of you) is that I need apps to run different service and the “box” needs to support the apps and Ruko, seeing that I already invested in one. Beyond that, I should find someone to do this for me lol
    Last edited by Bepc; 12-01-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo