Thread: unwatchable tv

unwatchable tv

I been with you guys right from the start and the tv has been getting worse every year I don't watch a ton of shows but when I do I would like to watch them with out buffering I tried server 1,2,5 and that's the only servers that iptv will allow every time I try to change portals those are the only ones I can get I got a message from Gabocho he said 4 is working fine but I cant get that portal if something doesn't change with this it will be time to move on. I am running 25 mbp it not my end its yours.
    Thanks.

tester
    Working fine here no freezing maybe reboot every thing see if that helps

Ambassador
    Perhal, the problem is yours and not the server. Post your STB and your tested ISP speed.

Quote Originally Posted by perhal View Post
    I been with you guys right from the start and the tv has been getting worse every year I don't watch a ton of shows but when I do I would like to watch them with out buffering I tried server 1,2,5 and that's the only servers that iptv will allow every time I try to change portals those are the only ones I can get I got a message from Gabocho he said 4 is working fine but I cant get that portal if something doesn't change with this it will be time to move on. I am running 25 mbp it not my end its yours.
    Thanks.
    Server#'s automatically selected when you change Servers, would be the Server with the lowest load.
    If it was just based on a random selection, you could end up assigned to a Server with a higher load, defeating the purpose of the function in the first place.
    If it was left to the user, the System would have no control over Server loading, also making the function more of a hindrance than a benefit.
    *(6 months ago I changed a p5 Portal and was assigned p4 ...just FYI)

As for ISP Bandwidth, you have to ensure the internet package you have, has a "Guaranteed Minimum" specified when you select it.
    A 25 Mb. package advertised, usually indicates the maximum you could attain, not what you will always get.
    Example: AT&T 25 says you can expect from 15 to 25 Mb Download speed.(*Note 1 applies)
    Here is Note 1;
    1. Download/Upload times are estimates and based on wired connection to gateway.
    Internet speed claims represent maximum network service capabilities.
    Actual customer speeds may vary based on a number of factors and are not guaranteed.
    *(Note: My ISP package is 65Mb but has a guaranteed minimum of 25).

So, as Gabacho recommends, do a DSL speed test during prime internet usage time (or when you are having problems), just to remove this as your problem.
    You can also check open channels that are external to these Services, which might indicate a possible Server problem.
    Check multiple open channels (ie; CBSNews/207, Bloomberg/202, Al Jazeera/227, WGN News/210), then check multiple Server channels (not only the 1 or 2 you always watch, but a couple UK and a couple USA).

A final consideration would be the age of your router/modem, quality and routing of your ethernet cables and age of your STB.
    Most channels have changed to HD from SD and many users have found that there equipment is no longer up to the task.

Just my 2¢, ...again!
    /kens

I forgot to mention, p1 & p3 yesterday were almost unwatchable for me TV & VOD.
    /kens

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I forgot to mention, p1 & p3 yesterday were almost unwatchable for me TV & VOD.
    /kens
    it was the same here,