Watered Down

RIP David Pearson

One of the best there ever was, pure racer, a god on the track, grew up with him, will never be another like him,

Godspeed wheelman . . . . . the silver fox . . . . .

Was 83,

R.I.P Mr Pearson
    I gather darkness to please me...

3 Time Nascar Pool Winner 4me2c's Avatar
    Sad Day Indeed...!

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Glen Wood

David Pearson, one of the best ever was.

Glen Wood we lost the other day as well.
    I do remember back in the day when or if you had an engine built by the Wood brothers, you then you had the 'beans'.

C/P
    Glen Wood, the courtly and innovative patriarch of the Wood Brothers Racing team who had been the oldest living member of the NASCAR Hall of Fame, died Jan.18 in Stuart, Va.
    He was 93

Wood Brothers announced the death of its team founder on social media but did not cite a cause.
    Mr. Wood, along with his younger brother Leonard, co-founded the Wood Brothers Racing team in 1950 and won four races over an 11-year racing career. Glen Wood in 1998 was named one of NASCAR’s 50 Greatest Drivers — a list that included 20 drivers who had once raced a Wood Brothers car.
    He was also a member of the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and in 2011 was elected to the NASCAR Hall of Fame.

“The Wood Brothers race team, by any measure, has been one of the most successful racing operations in the history of NASCAR,” said Edsel B. Ford II, a member of Ford’s board of directors. “Glen was an innovator who, along with his family, changed the sport itself.”

“We started racing in 1950 with a car we bought for $50,” he told the Associated Press as the team readied for its 1,000th start in 2000. “We put No. 50 on the side of the car because it just seemed like the right thing to do. Now here we are 50 years later.”
    The car number was eventually changed to No. 21, which is now one of the most iconic numbers in NASCAR. Among those who have driven for the team were David Pearson, Cale Yarborough, Curtis Turner and A.J. Foyt

Code:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/glen-wood-patriarch-of-the-wood-brothers-racing-team-dies-at-93/2019/01/18/8020d706-1b3a-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.de4d31b1ba1b
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Watered Down
    Legendary team, Woods Brothers, with legendary drivers, Pearson, Waltrip, Yarborough, Bonnett, Elliott, Speedy Thompson, Kyle Petty,

And J.D Gibbs co-founder of Joe Gibbs Racing, son of coach, at age 49 . . . lost him on 12 January,

Watered Down