Looking for tips on use

Hi guys,

I've purchased a few of these boxes and overall they're working OK.

However, I've found a few quirks and was wondering if there are any fixes/workarounds that I've missed:

- In DOL2, the EPG (mostly) loads, but the program description is always garbled. Any way to fix this or load EPG info manually?
    - In DOL2, is there a way to add multiple PLAYLISTS (not MAC portals)? Currently, I can load several MAC portals, but I only see one spot for playlists.
    - Is there a different IPTV player that allows recording, preferably with working remote control usage? I haven't found one that allows recording.
    - On this box, VOD with NFPS is horrible. I only see a couple of different TV shows (Lucifer, etc), and search/filter doesn't work for TV or movies. Any fix for this?
    - Any way to backup the box's settings and/or portal setup and transfer them to the other boxes? It's a PIA to have to copy settings to multiple boxes when I change something. Would be so much easier if you could transfer the box settings and portal settings, then just update the portal login on the new box. I've seen some IPTV apps allow backup/restore, but I don't see it in DOL2 or for the box settings.

When using the Air sync app in "mirror control" mode (so you can watch TV), how do you change channels/get the guide? I can't figure it out. I know you can go back out to the remote controller side and type in channel numbers, but that's not useful unless you can see the TV screen while you are using it. Doesn't help if you're out on the deck and don't have the channels memorized - LOL.

TIA for any tips or workarounds. Didn't want to start a new thread for each question.

have you ever looked at sticky members made they say most will work with any box dreamlink t1 up me i dont use vods on any box i like stuff min it comes out
    Last edited by Marley; 11-13-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    have you ever looked at sticky members made they say most will work with any box dreamlink t1 up me i dont use vods on any box i like stuff min it comes out
    Hi Marley,

Yes, I've done lots of reading and my head hurts. (LOL) I've owned the boxes for over a month now so I've been playing around quite a bit.

- EPG seems to be a known issue on Dreamlink boxes, but the forum is confusing because there are lots of posts saying EPG was fixed earlier this year. It's not working well on mine, so that's why I'm asking. I have most listings in the EPG, but the actual program descriptions are all garbled.
    - There's no discussions (that I've found) detailing how to add multiple PLAYLISTS to DOL2. I definitely need to do have several PLAYLISTS, so any workarounds would be appreciated. As far as I can tell, we're limited to only one PLAYLIST, but we can have multiple PORTALS (MAC login).
    - Haven't found an IPTV app that supports scheduled recording and allows use of the box's remote. Before I posted here, I tried Perfect Player and about 5 others so I've spent a lot of time trying things out before posting here.
    - Did a search before posting, and didn't find anything related to NFPS and VOD issues on DOL2. I only see a couple of different TV shows with no way to search/sort. Movies show up, but can't search/sort to find what I want.
    - Did a search before posting and didn't find anything related to backing up the box's settings. One of the mods (Darla?) made a general comment in an unrelated thread about wanting to use adblock and Titanium backup, but that's all I found.
    - Thread mods started announcing Airsync app doesn't detail how to use it, or how to setup buttons for remote. Through trial and error, I figured out how to watch TV, and how to go back out to the remote controller side to enter channels, etc. Also figured out how to use it as an air remote. However, I can't figure out how to access the guide and channel up/down while watching TV through the app. Maybe not possible, but that's why I'm asking. If you're out on the deck you can't see the TV screen to see the gestures/guide/etc when changing channels. You have to keep switching from one side of the app to the other.

Thanks for the reply. If you or anyone else has suggestions on one or more of the above I'd appreciate it.

[QUOTE-
    - Any way to backup the box's settings and/or portal setup and transfer them to the other boxes? It's a PIA to have to copy settings to multiple boxes when I change something. Would be so much easier if you could transfer the box settings and portal settings, then just update the portal login on the new box. I've seen some IPTV apps allow backup/restore, but I don't see it in DOL2 or for the box settings.
    [/QUOTE]

Only thing I know of for any box pertaining to backing stuff up.............is KODI

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    and yup, there is only one Playlist slot on the DOL app itself, but you can install Perfect Player and then have more slots for Playlist URLs or Playlist m3u hard copies.

There are multiple threads in the M3U sub forum here on site explaining some uses with templates and Perfect Player.
    http://iptvtalk.net/forumdisplay.php...amp-Turtorials
    Click that link above and explore some of them templates posted
    There are Perfect player tutorals posted there as well.

There are m3u templates that can be used . One of them has all the VODs sorted and categorized, which is great for the VOD experience (that s the link shown below).
    kens also has some great templates for VODs and Live TV alike. and also kens now has VODs list with movie descriptions included.

http://iptvtalk.net/showthread.php?3...ts-VOD-english
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

dreamlink would never let you back up box it would let out too much info clones would be all over the place oh on Air sync app have you tried it on phone not apple phone wont work
    Last edited by Marley; 11-13-2018 at 09:09 PM.

You won't find an App that will do everything you want, so I can't tell what your priority is.

Using Perfect Player with a Playlist made from a Template allows you to still have your MAC# linked to your account for the DL.

And you can have multiple devices with the same setup (not used concurrently), so you just bring the a Tablet with PP out on the porch!

PP uses a different guide source that works ...better!

/kens