Router issues with my Z7+????

I am sure this issue has nothing to do with my Z7+ but after doing a lot of reading and coming up empty and since this is the box I am using I will post it here.

I recently purchased a Z7+. I was using the Buzz boxes before so this is what caught my attention. I noticed a lot of buffering with the Z7. (using the same iptv service and ISP on the Buzz, no issues)

Short story. Every time I reboot my modem and then run a Speedtest on my Z7 I get close to 100 mbps (which Is what my speed should be through my ISP). There is no to little buffering.

A day or so goes by and I notice a lot of buffering and then I do a speedtest and my speed is at 20-30 mbps (depending on the time of day). I reboot the router and back to 100 mbps.

The router is a year old, and just updated the firmware for it. When I do a speed test on my pc hardwired to the router I consistently get 100 mbps. When I do the speedtest on the Z7 hardwired to the router like I mentioned above I don't even get close to 100 mbps unless I do a speed test right after a modem reboot.

I don't even know if this makes sense to anyone I need a starting a point.

Banned
    try a different channel

make sure you have latest firmware on z7+. try to factory rest and update again and see if that helps.
    All information provided is for informational purposes only. Use at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    make sure you have latest firmware on z7+. try to factory rest and update again and see if that helps.

Both show up to date.

Did a test on the box and only getting 50. Did a test on the pc and getting above 100.

Rebooted the router and getting close to 100 on the box.......for now.

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    try a different channel

On the router? Can only change the channel on Wireless settings. Im hard wired to the box from the router, no options to change a channel being hard wired.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    You could submit a ticket at the formuler website and see if they have answers or knowledge of any of this

Code:
    https://support.formuler.tv/home
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

how much are you running in the background? hold the menu key to bring up your running apps, then down to close them.

See if you can set the priority for the STB connection to Highest on the Router.

Assign the STB connection a Static-IP
    read Info here >https://www.howtogeek.com/184310/ask...-on-my-router/

Use Wifi instead of wired connection to see if the problem persists.
    Use a quality ethernet cable that is not longer than required and route your ethernet cables away from AC cables and motorized (noise generating) devices.

Check your Routers usage stats. Maybe excessive wifi sources in your area causing excessive wifi housekeeping.

/kens