Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bulletproof

Cool KODI LEIA Beta #4 just came out today

Today Kodi Leia Beta 4 just came out today. Soon the final release will be here soon. NOT A FINAL RELEASE. Just letting you know. .. andkaal

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andkaal View Post
    Today Kodi Leia Beta 4 just came out today. Soon the final release will be here soon. NOT A FINAL RELEASE. Just letting you know. .. andkaal
    if the word beta is used in version name that means there may be bugs so of course it isn't final

Quote Originally Posted by andkaal View Post
    This is how it works;
    The Kodi Team reviews all the pulls and requests and comes up with a base configuration (wish list/ to-do list) for the next progression of Kodi.
    Tasks are divvy'd up and a central repository is compiled of the daily progression of the project. These are called Development Builds and Nightly's are available throughout the process.

The 1st progression level is Alpha's (Mainly for Coders or authors of Dependencies, Addons, Modules etc).
    Once the Version is relatively stable, it moves to Beta. (Mainly for Beta Testers that know the system or have a history).
    After more refinement, the Project moves public to Release Candidate (RC).
    This version is available to the General Public, but usually only from Kodi.
    The time involved to get through each level is historically ~6mo.
    RC's, like Beta's and Alpha's, will have a version# usually 1-4.
    RC's are where the really hard to discover bugs are fleshed out by users exercising areas of the whole package.

At the end of all this you get a Final version ie; Kodi v18.0

So there is still a long way to go to a dependable package, so stop installing pre-releases, unless you like problem solving.

*You won't get much help from me except an "I Told You So"!
    /kens

thank you for that great info ill wait

Bulletproof
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    This is how it works;
    The Kodi Team reviews all the pulls and requests and comes up with a base configuration (wish list/ to-do list) for the next progression of Kodi.
    Tasks are divvy'd up and a central repository is compiled of the daily progression of the project. These are called Development Builds and Nightly's are available throughout the process.

The 1st progression level is Alpha's (Mainly for Coders or authors of Dependencies, Addons, Modules etc).
    Once the Version is relatively stable, it moves to Beta. (Mainly for Beta Testers that know the system or have a history).
    After more refinement, the Project moves public to Release Candidate (RC).
    This version is available to the General Public, but usually only from Kodi.
    The time involved to get through each level is historically ~6mo.
    RC's, like Beta's and Alpha's, will have a version# usually 1-4.
    RC's are where the really hard to discover bugs are fleshed out by users exercising areas of the whole package.

At the end of all this you get a Final version ie; Kodi v18.0

So there is still a long way to go to a dependable package, so stop installing pre-releases, unless you like problem solving.

*You won't get much help from me except an "I Told You So"!
    /kens
    No one is saying to install the Beta 4. Just letting you know what up. NOT A FINAL RELEASE means just that. Good info kens, but seems like it may be sooner than we think. We will wait and see .. andkaal

Beta 4 is working good for me so far.......................Love to tinker with Kodi.......

Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Beta 4 is working good for me so far.......................Love to tinker with Kodi.......
    Then dig in deeper!

Check these Links;
    Code:
    [https://kodi.tv/get-involved
    Code:
    https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Help_with_quality_assurance_testing
    /kens

yea if your into that which i was back some time ago did nightly all time for testing no harm learning whats up the newbies stay away

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Then dig in deeper!

Check these Links;
    Code:
    [https://kodi.tv/get-involved
    Code:
    https://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Help_with_quality_assurance_testing
    /kens
    Been There..............Also have donated in the past.................................

Kodi 18 Beta 4

One of the biggest changes in the new version is the removal of pre-installed binary Kodi addons from the install package.
    For many users, this will make download Kodi a far less arduous process, as the size of the file looks set to shrink dramatically. Instead, binary add-ons – which are things like PVRs, screensavers, and visualisations – will be housed in a central repository for you to install separately, just like some of the other addons Kodi users might be familiar with.

Now that the Kodi software you download will just feature the basics, it also means you don’t have to download an entire build just to refresh your binary addons, as they can be updated independent of the larger platform.
    By James Laird
    Twitter @TrustedReviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast