Register

Playlist editing with spreadsheets?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to put the playlist into a spreadsheet for easy editing and organizing?
    I was thinking it was a csv text format, but after playing with it have figured out it is not.

Thanks,

Rocket77

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    needs to be UTF-8 encoded (Unicode Transformation Format)... if put in a normal txt doc or a spreedsheet or anything else other then with UTF encoding , it will not work.
    I suppose you could take it to a spreedsheet but after all done, you would have to again encode it correctly and that may take some pre-editing, depending on what kind tags or deletions that the spreedsheet did to it.
    Even in a basic txt doc, if the UTF encoding is lost, then it will have to be again encoded correctly again before it will work as a workable m3u file.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    needs to be UTF-8 encoded (Unicode Transformation Format)... if put in a normal txt doc or a spreedsheet or anything else other then with UTF encoding , it will not work.
    I suppose you could take it to a spreedsheet but after all done, you would have to again encode it correctly and that may take some pre-editing, depending on what kind tags or deletions that the spreedsheet did to it.
    Even in a basic txt doc, if the UTF encoding is lost, then it will have to be again encoded correctly again before it will work as a workable m3u file.
    I see, that is a bit of a pain, huh?
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by rocket77 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to put the playlist into a spreadsheet for easy editing and organizing?
    I was thinking it was a csv text format, but after playing with it have figured out it is not.

Thanks,

Rocket77
    download this Playlist editor from my Host and try it out.
    Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/q37ry8vvi36rs5p/IPTVEditor.zip/file
    /kens