Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar

Why does VLC get a sub-forum while Perfect Player does not

I do not know if anyone has wondered about this or not, but here is the reasoning behind this...

VLC is a great and powerful player, but it has it's draw backs when it comes to IPTV channels and them drawback make it a mediocre Player for IPTV channels.
    I said it is a powerful Player and it is, for example, it is a Player and an editor, and can arrange your channels and even rename them, and can even do that while viewing iptv channels simultaneously ... but that is about as far as that goes.
    It does not carry the extra tags needed for things like EPG or Description tags and etc... Logos I think work, but anything like gruop editing and etc do not.
    In fact if you take a Generic m3u with options Playlist and put it on the VLC, then it will automatically change to a normal (without options) generic m3u list, no more tags. It will erase any editing you had previously done thru a Windows Notepad Editor.
    Some other things too that work against the VLC Player for iptv channels, such as no EPG and that is a big one with members , so is evident in the discussion forums
    So what has been happening in this m3u forum, is the VLC gets very little attention as afar as people actually using it for iptv, so keeping that VLC separate from all others helps to keep the main forum section here open for Perfect Player and other Player discussions and Sticky threads. I think that works best.

ProgTV and other Players are here too, all except the VLC... and the VLC does have some literature posted and etc, so it kinda helps keeping the Sticky count down and things more easily found in this main forum sub section, with the VLC separated.
    I did also cleaned up the Stickies in here. Mostly just merged a few Stickies into the one... "The Players" sticky thread, and with Perfect Player gets the bigger piece of the space here is Sticky threads, as due to popularity and use.
    I am keeping up on kens newest additions too,with his work, and sticky them and unsticky some outdated ones .. Kens if any thing needed or I unstuck something or did not stuck something , please do say bud. In fact I will get you some access to moderate this here m3u forum, which means you will have ability to stick and unstuck what you need done. Give me some time on that thou, tinie is on the road (or on many planes) currently. I think he is in south east europe somewhere presently . We will need him home before this can take place

Anyway, that is why VLC has it's own sub-sub-forum, not because its the best for what we use, but to keep the main page here open for about what works best for our needs
    About the only other Player I seen work better then Perfect Player is the Dreamlink/Formuler Playlist Portal and it's onboard Player. The user interface makes that deal

ProgTv is also a decent Player and ranks right up there too
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 10-05-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Sorry, I have been busy lately around home etc., but thanks, that sounds good, and thanks for the housekeeping.

Just to let you know, since you are the "VOD Playlist Master", I have figured out how to include robust Metadata Information and display it in Perfect Player.
    The data is embedded in the Playlist itself which makes it easy to install for users, just I little tough to automatically meld the Meta database info into the m3u. (but I will figure that out).
    Once i get that working, and with a TV Playlist that is mod'd for channel numbers, I dont think I will use Kodi much until the Android STB's evolve with better resources. (too big an app for most Android STB's (for 1080p HD IPTV Streaming anyway)).
    I will pass the system and Metadata to you for your compilations.
    /kens

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Sorry, I have been busy lately around home etc., but thanks, that sounds good, and thanks for the housekeeping.

Just to let you know, since you are the "VOD Playlist Master", I have figured out how to include robust Metadata Information and display it in Perfect Player.
    The data is embedded in the Playlist itself which makes it easy to install for users, just I little tough to automatically meld the Meta database info into the m3u. (but I will figure that out).
    Once i get that working, and with a TV Playlist that is mod'd for channel numbers, I dont think I will use Kodi much until the Android STB's evolve with better resources. (too big an app for most Android STB's (for 1080p HD IPTV Streaming anyway)).
    I will pass the system and Metadata to you for your compilations.
    /kens
    this is fantastic !!
    Thnx kens
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa