Bulletproof

Cool Kodi Leia Beta 3 is out today

Looks like Kodi is getting closer with the final release of Kodi Leia 18.0. Lots of changes and new codes put in. Kodi Beta 3. THIS IS NOT the final release. So I would wait for the final one. Just a heads up of what is going on. andkaal

Thanks.
    I've been testing 18 on Android and have found it ...different.
    Many functions used for IPTV (PVR's), have been omitted, or not enabled yet
    Pressing OK to confirm for channel switches used to function with numeric input, as well as channel up/ down previewing while watching a channel.
    It now only works with up/ down preview, relying on an algorithm that watches each number you press and waits until only one channel with that number sequence matches. (so you hit the wrong number, you cannot correct before it switches)
    Channel connecting progress indicator is absent (what's happening?)
    Confluence skin will not load (unless updated)
    etc etc.
    /kens

Bulletproof
    What I read that it will not work with the Confluence skin. Maybe I'm wrong. The skin that comes with it is the one you have to use. andkaal

tried the latest beta.............works pretty good............but cant get backup to function....tried Kodi's Backup......and USB-Wiz backup both will not function to backup or restore

Ok.............your correct andkaal.....I was using Skin....Confluence (Zeitgeist)......went ahead and changed it to the Kodi Leia default skin (Estouchy) ...backup works now............
    Confluence (Zeitgeist) is newer better than Kodi's Confluence Jezz_X .......but still had to use Estouchy skin.................
    thanks buddy
    Last edited by floder2; 10-06-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Bulletproof
    Glad you got it to work floder2. Looks like this new Leia Kodi 18.0 is only supported with the Estouchy skin. Let me know how it works for you ? And if you see any improvements. andkaal

I guess you guys are techie type guys that like spending your time figuring out why this or that is not working ... right?

* Just a note of wisdom before anyone is contemplating this, at this point in the rework process!

If you have no reason to run a Beta version, especially if this is your main TV viewing system, why would you.

Even moving to a version 18 Release Candidate from 17.6, is going to cause you a lot of grief as many of the peripheral module have to be reworked.
    (This is the main reason for the Beta/Alpha releases, is to allow addon Authors to get a heads-up with req'd. updating, along with experienced Beta testers to flesh out the bugs).

But if you like this type of thing, why not register yourself as a Beta Tester, and provide some feedback, as well as learn some of the guts... (but only if you don't have illegal addons in your systems!)

/kens
    Last edited by kens; 10-07-2018 at 09:42 PM.