Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Formuler Z8

Hybrid View

Formuler Z8

Stumbled across Formuler Z8 box to be released. Looking like a beast with dual band wifi antenna (not usb), android 8, fresh android tv style GUI, gigabit ethernet and new mytvonline 2. Has anyone seen this?
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

TV Addicted
    Been reading about on their support site, however the page on the main site takes you to a 404 but google managed to sneak a roo some of the details. Word on the street is that it is going to be released in November. It’s priced at around 139.99 Euros and their are some pics floating around.

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by floder2 View Post
    Yup that’s the one I have seen, might actually be the first daily driver for iptv when it comes over here to the great white North

ETA I received for release is Q1 2019. Looking forward to this one.
    Owned devices: Nvidia Shield (2015 & 2017), Minix X8-H Plus, U1, U9-H, Dreamlink T1, Dreamlink T1 Plus, Avov Tvonline, Global media box 4k, Mi box, Buzz xpl2000, Buzz xpl3000, T95Z Plus, Formuler Z7+ (UK & NA)

TV Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Munstah View Post
    ETA I received for release is Q1 2019. Looking forward to this one.
    Suppose to have mytvonline app version 2 so curious to see what improvements will be made to the UI and features

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    'Alpha' testing just recently started on the Formuler Z8

I can not comment on any particulars, but I do know testing has begun
    The testing (at least for now) will be kept private (in-house testing mostly for now), with no public updates on the work being down.
    But I can keep you guys up to date on some things.... like this commencement of Alpha testing
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 12-18-2018 at 02:19 AM.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by crazed 7.2 View Post
    'Alpha' testing just recently started on the Formuler Z8

I can not comment on any particulars, but I do know testing has begun
    The testing (at least for now) will be kept private (in-house testing mostly for now), with no public updates on the work being down.
    But I can keep you guys up to date on some things.... like this commencement of Alpha testing

What can be said is this.. THIS IS THE BOX YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR. New current android 8 Launcher GUI , Better Wifi, New MOL gui.. Suuuper snappy.. VOD Wall box art view - fast loading EPG. Amazing picture quality, super quick zapping... Everyone knows ive been a fan of this lineup since i was first introduced to DL.. this version,, is pretty much EVERYTHING I (and yall) wished previous versions had, and then some. first thoughts.. my jaw is still on the floor..

looks like they have stuck with the same remote, hate that remote.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    The remote and the box work good together.
    You can point the remote almost anywhere in the room and the functions still operate the TV, which is same as some other Formuler boxes.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast