Audio and Video Lagging

I upgraded to a Nvidia Shield awhile back because my T1 had a long lag between the persons voice and a few seconds later
    their mouth would move.(very annoying}
    I put ***** into the T1 a few days ago and Voice and picture motion kept up with each other.
    Today I reset my T1 and I am back to a very long delay.
    What can be the problem and whats the best way to correct it?...Thanks all.....JT
    Last edited by crazed 9.6; 09-23-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyse View Post
    I upgraded to a Nvidia Shield awhile back because my T1 had a long lag between the persons voice and a few seconds later
    their mouth would move.(very annoying}
    I put ***** into the T1 a few days ago and Voice and picture motion kept up with each other.
    Today I reset my T1 and I am back to a very long delay.
    What can be the problem and whats the best way to correct it?...Thanks all.....JT
    what app are you using (DOL/ Kodi/ etc.)?
    what are you viewing? (All channels/ just HD TV/ VOD etc.)
    Need more info!
    /kens

All stations (Subcription}I don't use DOL and Mobdro also blows.
    On Kodi and Off of it.
    My Shield side by side with the T1 does NOT lag at all....I guess The shield is much better with paid tv...….JT

All stations (Subcription}I don't use DOL and Mobdro also blows.
    On Kodi and Off of it.
    My Shield side by side with the T1 does NOT lag at all....I guess The shield is much better with paid tv...….JT
    If DL is like other STB's that have dedicated Stalker programs to access the Services(DOL, MyTVOnline etc), my observation from testing indicates most implement dedicated video decoding hardware and Firmware that many Android applications like Kodi, cannot use because the Android OS is not real Google Android, but a modified version that have omitted the MediaCodec (software interface) to properly access the Graphics Processors.
    The dedicated stalker Programs appear to have proper interfacing code to use all functions available for decoding of the Video streams.
    Since the main use of these STB's is for IPTV Service using the built-in Firmware, the memory and other resources are not more robust than what the main program requires.
    Case in point would be Kodi.
    Installing Kodi on a STB that has 1Gig. of Ram, and expecting it to work at all, is dreaming.
    Yet using the built-in LiveTV or VOD will play perfectly(Though a little bit sluggish executing peripheral functions like Guide data loading, EPG scrolling etc.(2Gig units do not exhibit this problem)).
    Perfect Player is a better alternative as it is not as resource heavy as Kodi and has HW Acceleration driver code that can use most Graphics Processing functions.

* Note: Nvidia Shield is one of only a handful of Quality STB's that have proper firmware to utilize Hardware Acceleration drivers fully, as they use real Google Android OS's API interface code in the Firmware.

Just my observation...
    /kens

When I turn on the Dreamlink T1 I go into the APPs section and select one of their apps (Vaders}
    Even with that App that the T1 provides in their app selection still sucks (useless}
    So I guess buying the Newest T2 Primer with 2 gigs of Samsung ram might be best to use.
    My Nividia Shield runs great with NO lagging at all with 3 gigs of ram and sure everything else in it is top of the line
    not like most of the cheap Chinese crap...…….JT

When I turn on the Dreamlink T1 I go into the APPs section and select one of their apps (Vaders}
    Even with that App that the T1 provides in their app selection still sucks (useless}
    So I guess buying the Newest T2 Primer with 2 gigs of Samsung ram might be best to use.
    My Nividia Shield runs great with NO lagging at all with 3 gigs of ram and sure everything else in it is top of the line
    not like most of the cheap Chinese crap...…….JT
    Use Perfect Player with a Playlist.
    Use the LiveTV/ Vod that the STB was designed to use.

as stated above, Vader s is an android app (and a bad one at that).
    *There is not much resources for use by other android programs
    You can set other services up using the MAC#, but we don't support other Services here!

/kens