Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    1080p h.264 HD streams require very robust hardware decoding, otherwise the main Processor has to try to decode using Software decoding algorithms and overtaxes the cpu(s).
    Even with dedicated decoding chips in your STB, if there is not quality resources available (memory, controllers, firmware drivers and efficient firmware coding), you are going to have problems.
    /kens
    Ken, forgive me but I do not think that most people have hardwere problems. This problem has been happening for approximately 2 or 3 weeks. before that, it was working well. I understand that it is another way of saying I do not know what is happening or I can not fix it now.

also this problem occurs in the sd channels. I mean you can not watch tv.

Quote Originally Posted by lopezn3 View Post
    also this problem occurs in the sd channels. I mean you can not watch tv.
    I have always found the SD channels to be pretty reliable.

Regarding kodi on Win10PC Video Acceleration...

Some tweaking may help.
    -get the most recent drivers for your graphics card, and update any video decoders and DXVA2 /OpenGl Drivers

Adjust acceleration settings to try to improve performance.
    Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    In Large Icons View, click on Display and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
    Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
    Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
    Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.
    If using Kodi, set your Player Settings as shown below

I have a similar setup on win7 hi end laptop, and still get occasional glitches
    Android STB's, should have the Acceleration Disabled for SD and 720 streams, but 1080 must use Video Hardware Acceleration, but as my other comment stated, you have to have updated drivers for your Chipset in your box and many lowend STB's will not play well using the new Kodi 17.x. Perfect player is a good alternative as the HW Decoding is set up well.

/kens
    Last edited by kens; 09-26-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Bulletproof
    Reelz, Espn, and a many, many of others freeze and loop, more than over a month now. Not very reliable at all these few weeks. They used to be good. Now a different story. I know they are working on it. Hopefully soon. And some channels work better than others. But very few. Also I know crazed 7.2 always sends them reports on what's going on. He has done his best in doing so. Also thanks for all responses here. It lets us know it's not just a few having problems. .. andkaal

Bulletproof
    Regarding kodi on Win10PC Video Acceleration...

Some tweaking may help.
    -get the most recent drivers for your graphics card, and update any video decoders and DXVA2 /OpenGl Drivers

Adjust acceleration settings to try to improve performance.
    Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable or disable it:

On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    In Large Icons View, click on Display and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.
    Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.
    Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.
    Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.
    If using Kodi, set your Player Settings as shown below

I have a similar setup on win7 hi end laptop, and still get occasional glitches
    Android STB's, should have the Acceleration Disabled for SD and 720 streams, but 1080 must use Video Hardware Acceleration, but as my other comment stated, you have to have updated drivers for your Chipset in your box and many lowend STB's will not play well using the new Kodi 17.x. Perfect player is a good alternative as the HW Decoding is set up well.

/kens
    Thanks kens for your input. I'll have to try Perfect Player and try to see if it improves it. andkaal

Ken, forgive me but I do not think that most people have hardwere problems. This problem has been happening for approximately 2 or 3 weeks. before that, it was working well. I understand that it is another way of saying I do not know what is happening or I can not fix it now.
    If you are having this problem only for 3 weeks and it is happening on SD as well, you have a different problem.
    As far as I can tell, there is no overall problem affecting all Services.

Recommend you do a DSL Speed Test to see what bandwidth you are getting.
    Check your Network cables for connection problems.
    Shutdown your STB and Reset your Router(Us the Reset button(hold for 30 seconds)dont just unplug). Wait 5min and power up your STB.
    /kens

If you are having this problem only for 3 weeks and it is happening on SD as well, you have a different problem.
    As far as I can tell, there is no overall problem affecting all Services.

Recommend you do a DSL Speed Test to see what bandwidth you are getting.
    Check your Network cables for connection problems.
    Shutdown your STB and Reset your Router(Us the Reset button(hold for 30 seconds)dont just unplug). Wait 5min and power up your STB.
    /kens
    everything mentioned verify it, my internet runs at 30mbs, and on the sd channels I loop and it takes me out of the channel.

everything mentioned verify it, my internet runs at 30mbs, and on the sd channels I loop and it takes me out of the channel.
    Do you get freezing on channel 207 CBS News?
    It is an external remote channel(not from the server), and it is 720 resolution.
    Try Al Jazeera ch.227 it is SD.
    If those freeze as well, it is your setup or internet service.
    If they play perfectly, the problem most likely is not you.
    Try changing portals.

/kens

Do you get freezing on channel 207 CBS News?
    It is an external remote channel(not from the server), and it is 720 resolution.
    Try Al Jazeera ch.227 it is SD.
    If those freeze as well, it is your setup or internet service.
    If they play perfectly, the problem most likely is not you.
    Try changing portals.

/kens
    I'm looking at it now and it's working very well on this channel. I will try to change the portal. thanks kens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast