Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bulletproof

Question Freezing and looping question

If they get rid of standard def. which is most channels on rocket., and just run HD channels would that stop all the freezing and looping we had for months ? Or vice - versa ?? Or Just run Standard def. ?? Just maybe a dumb question, but the freezing is not getting any better. Thanks .. andkaal
    Last edited by andkaal; 09-22-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andkaal View Post
    If they get rid of standard def. which is most channels on rocket., and just run HD channels would that stop all the freezing and looping we had for months ? Or vice - versa ?? Or Just run Standard def. ?? Just maybe a dumb question, but the freezing is not getting any better. Thanks .. andkaal
    Hard to do that thou.. I have had private conversations from members in the past when HD channels first started coming online. They ask to keep the SD channels because of their bandwidth restrictions. And if all SD channels were dropped then so would their working subscriptions

Not much of an answer for you thou, sorry
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Bulletproof
    Thanks crazed7.2 for always getting back to me, and others. Just trying to figure out why all the freezing. Just trying to help out. andkaal
    Last edited by andkaal; 09-23-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Still freezing make me crazy

Quote Originally Posted by lopezn3 View Post
    Still freezing make me crazy
    1080p h.264 HD streams require very robust hardware decoding, otherwise the main Processor has to try to decode using Software decoding algorithms and overtaxes the cpu(s).
    Even with dedicated decoding chips in your STB, if there is not quality resources available (memory, controllers, firmware drivers and efficient firmware coding), you are going to have problems.
    /kens

Junoir Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    1080p h.264 HD streams require very robust hardware decoding, otherwise the main Processor has to try to decode using Software decoding algorithms and overtaxes the cpu(s).
    Even with dedicated decoding chips in your STB, if there is not quality resources available (memory, controllers, firmware drivers and efficient firmware coding), you are going to have problems.
    /kens

So what is the solution? is there any thing we can do?
    I have tried running the Stalker client in Kodi on a High end gaming PC and it still does the same skips and loops.

Bulletproof
    On a Amazon fire TV 3rd gen. box, and new Fire Stick, as a prime member you can watch all there TV series, they have many too watch, without a problem. Most in 1080 - 720 i.p. and no buffering, freezing or looping. Just wondering why Rocket always have this problem and can't fix some of these issues. Even with Kodi most movies on terrarium are also in 720 i.p. works very nice. Just wondering ? I know that crazed7.2 has reported these problems over and over. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, or find a remedy to help us. ... andkaal

Quote Originally Posted by andkaal View Post
    On a Amazon fire TV 3rd gen. box, and new Fire Stick, as a prime member you can watch all there TV series, they have many too watch, without a problem. Most in 1080 - 720 i.p. and no buffering, freezing or looping. Just wondering why Rocket always have this problem and can't fix some of these issues. Even with Kodi most movies on terrarium are also in 720 i.p. works very nice. Just wondering ? I know that crazed7.2 has reported these problems over and over. Hopefully it gets fixed soon, or find a remedy to help us. ... andkaal
    Different transfer protocol.
    IPTV packets are not resent by the source(server) if corrupt or discarded due to cpu overload or latency in the decoding process.
    If your system cannot decode and sync up the video audio fast enough, it has to discard the data to start the next packet block.
    (Buffering the incoming data only helps certain conditions... the system still has to play the video synced to the audio or you get slow motion)

Amazon or Netflix is basically transferring a file to you and the transfer rate will be many times faster than real time and is not encoded with a transport streaming protocol.

/kens
    Last edited by kens; 09-25-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Bulletproof
    Many thanks kens for the information. Hopefully they are still working to improve the freezing. andkaal

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    Different transfer protocol.
    IPTV packets are not resent by the source(server) if corrupt or discarded due to cpu overload or latency in the decoding process.
    If your system cannot decode and sync up the video audio fast enough, it has to discard the data to start the next packet block.
    (Buffering the incoming data only helps certain conditions... the system still has to play the video synced to the audio or you get slow motion)

Amazon or Netflix is basically transferring a file to you and the transfer rate will be many times faster than real time and is not encoded with a transport streaming protocol.

/kens
    I'm not so sure it's a hardware issue. I have kodi running on two windows 10 PC that have i7 processors with nvidia 1050 and 1070 display cards. One machine has 12gb of ram and the other has 32. I use gigabit fios internet. ALL of the HD channels freeze and kick back to the guide. I don't think throwing more hardware at it will fix the problem. HD channels used to work fine when they were mixed in with the SD channels in the lineup. This only started happening when they separated the SD and HD channels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast