Fire From Within

Quick review of T2 Prime

Pure and simple, the T2 Prime is an expansion of the T2. Additional Storage, built in WiFi and Bluetooth. The box itself is identical in appearance and the same I/O ports to the T2.

If you already own one of the Dreamlink IPTV boxes, but have a need for those things I mentioned, or just want another one, I recommend it. Setup is identical, the box will automatically update to the latest version of DOL2 and firmware. The remote has been updated, but the codes are identical, and included is a IR remote extender.

My only gripe is that the Dreamlink line does not come "rooted". If you don't know what that means, it's just that you can't install apks that need write access to the root directory, but for most users, it isn't necessary. It does play video well over WiFi, using the DOL 2, and Kodi. You can also access video via your local LAN to your home PC or NAS, or media server, and appears to be capable of device mirroring. Unfortunately, I don't have a 4K set, so I can't comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dara View Post
    Pure and simple, the T2 Prime is an expansion of the T2. Additional Storage, built in WiFi and Bluetooth. The box itself is identical in appearance and the same I/O ports to the T2.

If you already own one of the Dreamlink IPTV boxes, but have a need for those things I mentioned, or just want another one, I recommend it. Setup is identical, the box will automatically update to the latest version of DOL2 and firmware. The remote has been updated, but the codes are identical, and included is a IR remote extender.

My only gripe is that the Dreamlink line does not come "rooted". If you don't know what that means, it's just that you can't install apks that need write access to the root directory, but for most users, it isn't necessary. It does play video well over WiFi, using the DOL 2, and Kodi. You can also access video via your local LAN to your home PC or NAS, or media server, and appears to be capable of device mirroring. Unfortunately, I don't have a 4K set, so I can't comment on that.
    What are you trying to do on this box that would require root access?

Fire From Within

Quote Originally Posted by dizzurp View Post
    What are you trying to do on this box that would require root access?
    AdAway, and maybe Titanium Backup. I know of a solution that might get rid of ads via filtering, using DNS66, but nothing better than to stop them using host files. Its kind a method that might appear to the service as a VPN, so you would need to be careful to turn it off.
    Last edited by dara; 09-22-2018 at 05:27 PM.

AdAway, and maybe Titanium Backup. I know of a solution that might get rid of ads via filtering, using DNS66, but nothing better than to stop them using host files. Its kind a method that might appear to the service as a VPN, so you would need to be careful to turn it off.
    Oh, cool. Didn't think of AdAway... would definitely help when using apps like Terrarium TV (even though TTV is dead now).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzurp View Post
    Oh, cool. Didn't think of AdAway... would definitely help when using apps like Terrarium TV (even though TTV is dead now).
    TTV isn't ddead

Quote Originally Posted by dishuser View Post
    TTV isn't ddead
    Patched version now in market/Movies section
    I gather darkness to please me...

Thanks for the review...
    I gather darkness to please me...