Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardavia View Post
    Only 7 replies to this new update of 20th September is nobody updating the new
    Mag 254 R23 update

looking for some guides on whether to update or not.
    Why don't you update and see for yourself?

Junoir Member
    Hello i tey to update my mag 254 and after update it disnt come back on. All i get no signal. On screen only blue light in the box and the remote work to dim the light and brightening it but thats all. Any help would be appreciated.

Junoir Member
    Hello i update my box254 and now i get no signal on tv but blue light on box is on bright. And i could dim it with remote but nothing else. Any help pl

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    Guys, it is not a good idea to update these Mag boxes.
    Not a good idea since informir changed their marketing plan.

Skull, try changing the HDMI to the red, green, yellow connections, or vise versa if required.
    There is an AV jack on the receiver which requires a special cord to transfer the three connections into one.

And if that works, then turn Auto Update OFF
    That goes for everyone, turn auto update OFF and do not ever again update the Mag box with any new firmware that may be released... except with that N0_Block file if needed.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Junoir Member
    Thanks alot

Transparent Wall Technician crazed 9.6's Avatar
    you could try this and see if it will bring up the BIOS menus.

Hold down the MENU button on the remote while you plug the power cable into the STB, that should put you into the BIOS
    -Should be set as NTSC mode
    -If the boot is set to DHCP, change that and set to NAND
    "The illusion of freedom will continue for as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will take down the scenery, move the tables and chairs out of the way, then they will pull back the curtains and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12